BCD436HP/BCD536HP: BCD536HP NXDN

N5RIV

I HAVE A BCD536HP SCANNER AND PURCHASED THE NXDN UPGRADE. I PROGRAM THE SCANNER USING THE SENTINEL SOFTWARE. I AM NOT RECEIVING THE NXDN SIGNALS. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO. THE MODULATION IS SET TO AUTO. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Did you install the upgrade or it came installed? Did you download the agency using NXDN from Sentinel?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums. After you purchase the upgrade you need to enter the key into the scanner, have you done this? If not, refer to video here to make sure you have all your bases covered. If you entered the key & the radio accepted it then please reply back with NXDN system specifics so we can get eyes on the database to determine possible solutions for you

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I HAVE A BCD536HP SCANNER AND PURCHASED THE NXDN UPGRADE. I PROGRAM THE SCANNER USING THE SENTINEL SOFTWARE. I AM NOT RECEIVING THE NXDN SIGNALS. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO. THE MODULATION IS SET TO AUTO. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

In addition to the above, you need to know the type of NXDN you are trying to receive. Is it Conventional or Trunked? Program accordingly.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
put in the nxdn code in to the radio and yes Sentinel shown nxdn and ran codes
Sentinel will show NXDN, Provoice and DMR regardless if you paid for the upgrades or not.

If you downloaded something thru Sentinel, and it is NXDN, it should be working. Did you write to the scanner after appending in Sentinel? And can you locate the channel in question in the radio itself?

It would be best if you posted a link to the channel/s in question.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If said NXDN conventional frequency(ies) is (are) listed in the RR database make sure the applicable service type(s) (see "tag" column in RRDB entry) is (are) turned on otherwise the scanner will omit scanning them. They're not all enabled by default

I too requested this info from the OP in post #3 ;)

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
THE MODULATION IS SET TO AUTO.

That begs the question: What is your bandplan set to for that frequency? Is it NFM?

Maybe change that channel to NFM if it is not, as all NXDN will be NFM.

N5RIV

In addition to the above, you need to know the type of NXDN you are trying to receive. Is it Conventional or Trunked? Program accordingly.

Sentinel will show NXDN, Provoice and DMR regardless if you paid for the upgrades or not.

If you downloaded something thru Sentinel, and it is NXDN, it should be working. Did you write to the scanner after appending in Sentinel? And can you locate the channel in question in the radio itself?

no I did not edit the favorite list after n
Sorry about your broken caps lock key. That's a bummer.
YOUR ASSISTANCE WAS SO HELPFUL ah

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

no I did not edit the favorite list after n

Really do not understand your response to what I posted.

Did you write to the scanner after you appended the channels?

Can you locate the channel in question in the scanner?

Can you post a link to the channel in the database?