BCD536HP Scanner programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4MJF

Premium Subscriber
Good evening all.

Please excuse me if this has been addressed already but I am new to the scanner and programming this scanner is "Greek" to me! I am a lost ball in high weeds! Normally, I am pretty tech savvy, but this has me baffled!

I have tried programming the radio with my local frequencies using the Sentinel software but I don't hear anything. I don't see anywhere to input the frequencies used or any other information.

Any help or instruction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Mike Foley

Any help or instruction would be greatly appreciated!
From the "Easier to Read" manual::

Make sure you enable the Service Type for the channels you want to listen to. Each channel can be tagged with a "Service Type" that allows you to hear specific services such as Fire, EMS, and Police when you are monitoring the Full Database and/or your Favorites Lists. The Appendix has a list of Service Types and their general descriptions.

Not all service types are enabled when you create a new profile or when you set your location in the scanner. By default only EMS Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, Law Dispatch, Custom 1, and Multi-Dispatch are enabled.

(BCD536HP) Press the Serv button.

Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

tvengr

Well Known Member
The Service Types are enabled in the Profile Editor. Also make sure that both Download and Monitor are On for any Favorites Lists you create. What is your city, county, and state? If you export a HPE file of your favorites list and attach it, I will check it for problems. You will have to right click on the HPE file and Send to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. In Sentinel, click on the Tools tab and set the Target Model to BCDx36HP to have the proper settings applicable to your scanner.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Also if you could post which system (State and County), that would help us do a little research. Unfortunately we are seeing encryption popping up here and there. We can check to see if you are afflicted with that.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Please excuse me if this has been addressed already but I am new to the scanner and programming this scanner is "Greek" to me! I am a lost ball in high weeds! Normally, I am pretty tech savvy, but this has me baffled!

Hi Mike!

To get up and running quick and easy try looking in the manual and try the zip code method of programming, and enabline/disabling Services as needed. It's quick and easy and works well until you have time to learn more about it.

This should have too:

K4EET

Chaplain
Hi Mike,

Looking at your Lenoir City Public Safety talkgroups, they are capable of encryption so you may want to have this thread moved to the Tennessee forum for better visibility.

Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

TN - Loudon County (105) - Public Safety Talkgroups
NextLevel.gif

All Public Safety Radios Are Encryption Capable.

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
75011d4dDLC CWIDE NETCountywide Net Interop
75021d4eDeLCSO-DISPSheriff Dispatch Law Dispatch
75421d76DeLCSO-EVENTSSheriff Events Law Tac
75121d58DeLC EMAEmergency Management Agency Emergency Ops
75081d54DeLCPD-DISPLenoir City Police: Dispatch Law Dispatch
75431d77DeLCPD-TACLenoir City Police: Tactical Law Tac
75461d7aDeLC-LCPD ADMINLenoir City Police - Administration Law Talk
75471d7bDeLCPD-EVENTSLenoir City Police Events Law Tac
75201d60DeLCFD DISPLenoir City Fire: Dispatch Fire Dispatch
75571d85DeLCFD TAC 1Lenoir City Fire Tactical 1 Fire-Tac

They may very well be encrypted now which might be why you are not hearing anything.

73, Dave K4EET

Status
Not open for further replies.