BCD536HP USB Keeps Disconnecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anvil

Premium Subscriber
I connected the 536 to my Dell Venue Pro 8 which is running Win 8.1 Pro using the StarTech adapter I mentioned earlier with FTDI chipset and it's running fine with the ARC536PRO beta. It didn't even ask for a driver.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
I connected the 536 to my Dell Venue Pro 8 which is running Win 8.1 Pro using the StarTech adapter I mentioned earlier with FTDI chipset and it's running fine with the ARC536PRO beta. It didn't even ask for a driver.

Ok, thanks much for that info. Think Ill order one.

WaveJam

Feed Provider
2. Until we can determine what conditions result in the scanner rebooting under USB Serial mode, this is the best solution. It can take from hours to days for the symptom to occur, and no one has yet isolated a specific, reliable way to duplicate the issue. That kind of bug can be extremely difficult (and time consuming) to track down.

Paul, I wish you could track down my original scanner which I sent back to you a couple weeks ago. I think it would be a great test specimen as this problem occurred very regularly. It was S/N 375Z38002103.

Hit_Factor

Are you using Windows 8.1? The prolific drivers wont work on 8.1, so I was hoping to find another chipset that will, since I have a card coming, but really dont want to use my last slot in the computer for it.

Actually, they do work with windows 8.1. It probably has more to do with the discrete components that make up a specific computer. The prolific drivers fixed the problem I was having with my Surface Pro 2.

BillTech

Premium Subscriber
Paul, I wish you could track down my original scanner which I sent back to you a couple weeks ago. I think it would be a great test specimen as this problem occurred very regularly. It was S/N 375Z38002103.

im running into to this usb issue on my new unit as well very frustrating
SN: 375Z48006XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.