BCD536HP Wifi Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbk127k

We currently have a BCD536HP down at the firehouse which I purchased for listening as well as using it as a lI've feed for the department. The firmware for the scanner and wifi dongle has been upgraded to the latest. Been having problems with using Proscan Radiofeed live feed going down. Last night it was up and running for a solid 10 hours, then I get an email that it is down, then again it goes up and down within an hour. This has been going on for the last week or so since it's been put live. So this morning I am like why does it keep goin down. So my instincts is to check the wifi signal and to see if there is wifi signal on the scanner. I look and shows a signal, show 1 to 2 to 3 bars in and out but most of the time it has a 1 bar signal. So I am like it has a wifi. I go on the radiofeed to check to reconnect again and absolutely nothing can be done to reconnect. So I am like we'll let's go into the wifi setting on the setting and just hit on set connection. So I did that and it searches for network and then I get the router and I hit connect. So then shows successful connection on scanner. I go to see if it will at least reconnect on the radiofeed and of course the feed reconnects and starts streaming. 4 hours go by, I am heading home and get a notification via email that the feed is down again.

Does anyone have any problems with this with the feeds dropping using the wifi dongle thru Proscan radiofeed.

Also from being surprised that it still showed a wifi signal but yet go in to make a connection and it saids setting connection and then the feed works. Why would the wifi signal show that it's up and receiving a signal but in reality what I did was set the connection again.

Through the expectations with the wifi dongle you figure it would be set to reconnect itself with a connection.

I understand some have had dropped connections with the radiofeed and scanner which I am sure that's what's occurring but what's the solution for it?. I have the ip address and mac set so on lock in the router so it doesn't change the ip address.

Can someone help or explain a bit more on the issues I am having. I would like to provide an adequate feed with no down time at all which doesn't seemed to happen with this.

I really don't want to use the 3.5 audio part to provide the feed as you can tell the quality is superb with the wifi setting on the radiofeed with no background noise.

Last edited:

joerobb23

dont know if this is a help but ive been told wifi can cause havoc with scanners &im chasing range issues with a 436 & i have a new router let me know what you discover appreciated

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I am not familiar with the feed mechanisms but about wifi, like any radio signal, generally more is better. At just 1 or two bars - i assume this is what the scanner sees from your router- perhaps the signal is too marginal. People walking by, apparatus moving around the station, someone pressing the PTT on a hand held radio in the area could all affect the reliability of a strong connection but more so that of a 1 or 2 bar connection. I'd try to improve the signal some and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.