BCD563HP Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used the quick keys and shut off all the systems and says nothing to scan and won't let me turn them back on. when i try to turn any on it just beeps

Edit: uploading video

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I used the quick keys and shut off all the systems and says nothing to scan and won't let me turn them back on. when i try to turn any on it just beeps

I think I encountered this issue on day #2 -- I had to remove a SQK setting on one of the systems (set to '.') to get something to start scanning again and then I got control back.

Make sure you have a QK assigned to your favorites list then you *should* be able to use a more complete FL.SY to reenable in the future.

Marshall I look over the links that you gave me, and still looks to me like a bug.

I don't see why you can't close them all then reopen them

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I ran into this issue too. As your favorites list is 0, you will hit 0.1 enter to enable system 1 on favorite list 0 when the radio is not scanning. I'm not sure if it is a bug, or a "feature". When you hit .1, this is a shortcut to turning off system 1 of the favorite list you are you are currently scanning. When the radio says nothing to scan, the shortcut of .1 does not work because it does not know what favorite list you want to enable a system on.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Looking at your video, the Lincoln-Lancaster County is in favorite list 0 system 1. "0.1" should turn it back on if the radio shows nothing to scan.

Okay another problem. I can't pick up our state wide Digital system.

N - WIN.

I have my 996xt next to it so there system is working.

I have the system in my favorites shows Lincoln ' s site full signal.

I even tried shutting down my FL and did full database. Then lock it on Nebraska state radio system with no luck.

Did all updates right off the back. OS,DB even WiFi one too.

Last edited:
okay Update. I hook my scanner to my tower and was able to get omaha's site and maybe another one.

so there must be something wrong with RR DB or something.

the Frequency in my XT are

and right now on RR they have

154.93500a
155.58000c

I just removed the two so it will match the ones in my XT. BRB going to try some testing

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Update. Removing the two frequencies fix the problem.

Cellphone any idea why those extra frequencies mes the scanner up?

My present understanding of how trunked systems work is that the scanner only monitors the control channel and the data from the control channel tells the scanner what channel to switch to. Therefore, it only scans the channels once to find the control channel, so it should not make any difference if the other channels that are not the control or alternate channels are there or not.

However, it the control channel should change to a frequency that you do not have in your scanner then the scanner cannot monitor its DataStream to know what channel to switch to, so you will hear nothing.

In other words, I can't figure out how what you did solved your problem, but it will be interesting to see what some others have to say.

The fact that you did get it working however is GREAT!

here is the funny thing... it's not working again :(

I started playing around with the full DB to see what else i can get. then went back to FL and not picking stuff up..

I got some bad luck this week

mite have been using a different site? it's like a hit and miss right now for troop HQ. I keep getting Troop A witch is Omaha and Troop B but not showing a site when pickup

Last edited:
yeah i think i am picking them up by a different site and not the Lincoln like i should be.

rang set to 0.0 I get lincoln troop HQ nothing at all.
I set ranger to 20 and get a hang full of sites and get troop HQ from another site witch don't show

RF23

Premium Subscriber
here is the funny thing... it's not working again :(

I started playing around with the full DB to see what else i can get. then went back to FL and not picking stuff up..

I got some bad luck this week

mite have been using a different site? it's like a hit and miss right now for troop HQ. I keep getting Troop A witch is Omaha and Troop B but not showing a site when pickup

In your "Profile" do you have both "Monitor and Download" set to ON for your FL?

Also on your "Profile" page do your have all the "Service Types" that you have programmed turned ON?

I assume you have your FL Quick Keys enabled for the FL you are wanting to monitor?

With a new Complex radio we are all making two step forward and at least one step back but if we hang in there sooner or later we will actually be able to do most of what we want with our new scanner, but it will take time.

In your "Profile" do you have both "Monitor and Download" set to ON for your FL?

Also on your "Profile" page do your have all the "Service Types" that you have programmed turned ON?

I assume you have your FL Quick Keys enabled for the FL you are wanting to monitor?

With a new Complex radio we are all making two step forward and at least one step back but if we hang in there sooner or later we will actually be able to do most of what we want with our new scanner, but it will take time.

yes to all

the wired thing is.the range set to 0 it shows Lincoln site full signal with dat and lnk. with no audio on the 536HP

On the the 996XT everything is programmed the same with audio to the Lincoln site for Troop HQ TG.

on the 536HP i change the range to 20 and pick up other sites for the same system witch come in with Troop HQ

this is the system i am working with
Nebraska State Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Nebraska - Scanner Frequencies

here is the save for sentinel for the 536HP
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B96kt8k8Rs-Ta2ZqMXVodGFhdE0&usp=sharing

here is the saved data for my 996XT XTpro
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B96kt8k8Rs-TWEZWSm9pRHVUWkU/edit?usp=sharing

okay it seams it doesn't want to read the CC

I held a Channel it flashes dat and lnk slow when It was working right it was fast. Mite something wrong with my scanner or the software

Last edited:

kb8rvp

I used the quick keys and shut off all the systems and says nothing to scan and won't let me turn them back on. when i try to turn any on it just beeps]

What I found with the FL Quick Keys is I added some new quick keys in Sentinel 37, 38, 39 and uploaded to the scanner and then put the scanner in the car. Then I noticed I couldn't turn any of the new ones on. When I got home I brought the scanner back in the house and went into the Sentinel software and from the drop down I selected Edit then Edit Profile. From the Scan Selection Tab I noticed the new Favorites I added showed off below the Monitor section for all three new Favorites I created. I highlighted one at a time and clicked "Monitor On" at the top of the page. I re-uploaded my favorites to the scanner again and now they all I can be toggled on and off. Only thing I noticed is now every time I upload the programming every favorite is on now with every upload and I have to turn off the ones I don't want to listen with the buttons on the front of the scanner but at least I can now toggle them all on and off now.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.