BCD936XT Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4BWM

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me how to group all of one type of Talk Groups i.e. NCSHP into one monitoring group using Freescan ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KF4BWM

Premium Subscriber
ok so I have assigned numerous talk Law Enforcement and Fire Talk Group ID's to different Quick Keys. Everytime I try to switch quick keys with the Function and then the Quick Key Number it just beeps..Can I listen to say quick key 1 and 2 at the same time ??

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can scan both, that's no problem (never at the same time...). In fact you can scan a whole slew of QKs - it depends very much on how you've set things up.

You might find the links in our beginner's article to be helpful. Particularly the Easier to Read manual (go to the bottom) and our DMA FAQ

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

KF4BWM

Premium Subscriber
Mike, if I am listening to what I have assigned to quick key 1 , can I aslo listen/scan whats on quick key two at the same time ? When I press the FUNC and then the #2 it just beeps. Hell, I think I assigned the quick key correctly, not sure. I am amazed that Unided could send such a product to this to market, with its lack of user friendliness

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Of course not. You have to wait until whatever traffic is done on that system you've assigned to that QK. Then the next one is scanned in turn.

These scanners don't have twin VFOs like many ham handhelds do

Mike

KF4BWM

Premium Subscriber
i understand that. So let me ask you this. If I have assigned all of my local LEO to Qk1, and Fire/EMS to QK2, and HP to QK3, why how do I know that I am monitoring all of the Talk Groups assigned to those quick keys ? even within those quick keys there are things I cant hear. I know this scanner is loaded with features but the human interface is terrible
Thank you for your feed back and please excuse my ranting!!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you don't have any of the talkgroups locked out, as each quick key is interrogated, it should scan everything that's contained in that group. Remember that if no one affiliates to a particular TG during that scan pass, you won't hear anything on it.

It would be helpful to know what system you're trying to program. Go up to the blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over DATABASES then select Frequency Database. Use the various maps and pulldowns to find your county, then go directly to the bottom. All the trunks for that county that we have in the database are listed there

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.