BCD966XT RS232 Rear Port Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hildy475

Feed Provider
Howdy, I got myself stumped. I have a new BCD966XT, all programmed and ready to go. When installing it in my truck I thought it would be good to have computer control at all times with hidden wires. I purchased a rs232 cable and connected to rear of scanner and to a Panasonic CF-WEB301 docking station with a Panasonic CF-31 computer. It will not recognize the scanner with the straight rs232 cable from the port on docking station to rear of scanner, but will with the rs232 cable in same port to the front of scanner. The rear port says remote/gps, am I wrong to use this rear port for connecting to computer programming and virtual control?

garys

Premium Subscriber
You need a null modem for the computer to see the scanner if you are using it for programming. In addition to the one at the link, you can get a cable that serves the same function. I believe that they are also called cross over cables.

jasday

You can use the rear port for it, you might have to change the baud settings as the front and back ports can be changed independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.