BCD996P2 External Speaker

williamleeporter

Feed Provider
Having an issue when hooking up a cable to my scanner. I am streaming to Broadcastify and don't seem to have the right cable maybe. I have tried a Mono cable and a stereo cable and neither one work correctly. When I put it in the REC jack, I never get it to work. When I put the mono cable in the Ext. Speaker jack it doesn't work. But, when I put the stereo cable a little over halfway into the Ext Speaker jack, it broadcasts and records just fine, BUT it also plays from the internal speaker. That's why I thought it needed a mono cable.

I just need clarification on the cable I need that I can use on the REC jack. The settings are right on the scanner and on ProScan because I can record and stream. I just don't seem to have the correct cable, or I have something wrong with my output jacks.

Any ideas?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Just remember that audio is only fed to the REC out jack "if" you have record active for a TG. If you do NOT have record active for a TG then you will get no sound out on the rec JACK.

Reactions: wtp

wtp

Use a mono or stereo cable that ends in a 3.5mm plug for the scanner.

In order for the function to operate, you must set the channel to record. You must also set the system’s record option to either All Channel, which will record all channels regardless of any channel’s setting, or Marked Channel which only lets recording occur if you have selected record for that channel. Which you choose will depend on various factors.

the 'hard to read' manual
and remember that control F is a real friend for searching.

williamleeporter

Feed Provider
Yep, the Record is functioning correctly. I have the record configured in Proscan and it records only the TGs I'm wanting. I am sure it is a hardware issue. I ordered an external audio card. Hoping that will fix it.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Yep, the Record is functioning correctly. I have the record configured in Proscan and it records only the TGs I'm wanting. I am sure it is a hardware issue. I ordered an external audio card. Hoping that will fix it.
I was referring to the REC function in the scanner programming not in ProScan