BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD996P2 programming for Stevens County, Washington

neilensign

Premium Subscriber
Just got this scanner and wanted to mostly listen to Washington State Patrol and Airlift on P25 Phase 2. I downloaded from RadioReference and after a few days haven't heard any activity. Obviously there's something I need to do but struggling to figure it out.
I live way out in the country and pick up non digital on my BCD996XT up to 50 miles away.
I use a discone with an SSB Electronic wide band preamp at the antenna, 60 feet of LMR 400 into a Stridesburg (active) Multicoupler so I'm confident the signal is getting to the radio. I can see full bars coming up on the signal strength meter while scanning.
I have it programmed for Stevens County, Washington.
The squelch is at about 2 and I'm logging with ARC XT PRO which is the software I used to program.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Neil

neilensign

Premium Subscriber
Okay, just for fun I entered the Frequencies in my BCD996XT along with Digital audio type and D40 under NAC and it worked.
The BCD996P2 wouldn't store the Digital and NAC settings and changed them back to Analog with no NAC setting automatically.
I've uploaded the latest firmware. Maybe I shouldn't have?

tvengr

Well Known Member
The BCD996P2 wouldn't store the Digital and NAC settings
The BCD996P2 will store NAC for P25 conventional frequencies. Don't confuse that with Site NAC. The SDS100 and SDS200 are the only scanners supporting Site NAC. Using ARC-XT, set Audio Type to Digital and enter D40 in the P25NAC column to the right. What frequencies are giving you trouble?

neilensign

Premium Subscriber
The BCD996P2 will store NAC for P25 conventional frequencies. Don't confuse that with Site NAC. The SDS100 and SDS200 are the only scanners supporting Site NAC. Using ARC-XT, set Audio Type to Digital and enter D40 in the P25NAC column to the right. What frequencies are giving you trouble?
I reset the P2 and reloaded the latest firmware files. Now it's working.
This has been a struggle.
Thanks for your help!