BCD996P2 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Wondering. Is their any plans to upgrade the BCD996P2 so it can also Receive DMR as well? Plus what other upgrades are you planing to come out with for this model?

marksmith

This model is an enhancement on a model that was out for quite a while with lots of improvements over time.

It has some very basic limitations in the hardware, memory capacity, and other areas that are holdover from the XT and T models, which are now discontinued.

The 996 p2 was built as the poor man's solution to getting to phase 2 digital, where the old XT model was given a small bit of additional life at little additional manufacturing cost.

It does not have the hardware or memory capability to do what the SD card scanners can. The addition of DMR, if it were physically possible, would cost some additional amount for the license.

The x36 radios were put out to be able to handle these new formats, and I don't think Uniden is going to compete against the x36 radios with the 996p2.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

phask

Premium Subscriber
Might want to read this

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...d996p2-bcd325p2-dmr-provoice-update-near.html

DMR/Provoice is here for the 325/992

This model is an enhancement on a model that was out for quite a while with lots of improvements over time.

It has some very basic limitations in the hardware, memory capacity, and other areas that are holdover from the XT and T models, which are now discontinued.

The 996 p2 was built as the poor man's solution to getting to phase 2 digital, where the old XT model was given a small bit of additional life at little additional manufacturing cost.

It does not have the hardware or memory capability to do what the SD card scanners can. The addition of DMR, if it were physically possible, would cost some additional amount for the license.

The x36 radios were put out to be able to handle these new formats, and I don't think Uniden is going to compete against the x36 radios with the 996p2.

Mark
536/436/HP1/HP2/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800

JamesO

Kind of funny, but I will be looking forward to this as I recently added a 996P2 and 325P2 to the collection for Phase 2 systems.

Hopefully there will be more on the way??

marksmith

I stand corrected. The professed Uniden theory for putting out the 996p2 as the budget option for phase 2 instead of the higher priced x36 radios seems to oddly place these scanners now in a different market, especially with things like a 536 deal for under $400 on Amazon.

As indicated, you need to pay additional for the DMR.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

slingshot202

Feed Provider
So I did my BCD536 today - I am behind on my research and now see this on the BCD996p2 and 325p2 which I have both... now.. I am in My Uniden Account and my serial # from my 996p2 does not fit.....anyone else have this issue?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
The Serial Number is 375Z6800xxxx the ESN is 3752606800xxxx that you enter is longer then the 3 digit check sum xxx

DigitalMobileRadioUpgradeforBCDxxxP2 < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

I went with the flow then got to the ESN and entered the rest, why I did not have this brain fart on my 536 only a few hours ago is beyond me.

I have never programmed with Proscan, but I use FreeScan, a beta version for 2015 and I can tell you that it does not accomadate for the Color, etc, so far as I can tell.

I then updated inside the programming manually and when I did a download it put in NAC 1001 - not sure this means anything. I have it set up now - 453.8000 CC1 (so I am hoping I hear something, might have to put it side by side, see when if we get traffic.

ccs247

Premium Subscriber
I went with the flow then got to the ESN and entered the rest, why I did not have this brain fart on my 536 only a few hours ago is beyond me.

I have never programmed with Proscan, but I use FreeScan, a beta version for 2015 and I can tell you that it does not accomadate for the Color, etc, so far as I can tell.

I then updated inside the programming manually and when I did a download it put in NAC 1001 - not sure this means anything. I have it set up now - 453.8000 CC1 (so I am hoping I hear something, might have to put it side by side, see when if we get traffic.

FreeScan does not support DMR, only ProScan currently supports DMR for the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
FreeScan does not support DMR, only ProScan currently supports DMR for the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2.

I'm going to have to learn how to program with that. Just need to decide which scanner (of the bcd996p2's) I'm going to put it on. Thinking my truck so I can get them there already did the handheld and a bcd536. I'm a sucker for updated technology.

CJ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I'm going to have to learn how to program with that. Just need to decide which scanner (of the bcd996p2's) I'm going to put it on. Thinking my truck so I can get them there already did the handheld and a bcd536. I'm a sucker for updated technology.

CJ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was able to figure out ProScan at least to download and track what is going on and my DMR is working thus far.

See how well the search feature works as I have a couple in the DB that do not have a Color Code to them.

Should I assume if I track them with ProScan I would be able to pull the CC off the logging screen??

ccs247

Premium Subscriber
Was able to figure out ProScan at least to download and track what is going on and my DMR is working thus far.

See how well the search feature works as I have a couple in the DB that do not have a Color Code to them.

Should I assume if I track them with ProScan I would be able to pull the CC off the logging screen??

The ProScan History Logging tab does show the Talk Group and Color Code (see Tone column for CC). The attached PDF has the logging entry highlighted in blue.

Attachments

• DMR.pdf
    87.9 KB · Views: 132

nick223

Feed Provider
The ProScan History Logging tab does show the Talk Group and Color Code (see Tone column for CC). The attached PDF has the logging entry highlighted in blue.

I'm fairly new to dmr. What's this color code thing all about?

I just downloaded the site and TGs off the radio reference database using proscan and my dmr is working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.