14755c3DTNDS3-3TN DHS District 3 Ops 3Interop
14775c5DTNDS3-4TN DHS District 3 Ops 4Interop
1455238d8DTNDS3-5TN DHS District 3 Ops 5Interop
1455338d9DTNDS3-6TN DHS District 3 Ops 6Interop
1455438daDTNDS3-7TN DHS District 3 Ops 7Interop
1455538dbDTNDS3-8TN DHS District 3 Ops 8Interop

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Is this Grundy County site FDMA or TDMA?
All TACN sites are both FDMA and TDMA. If your friend will just program the site into his scanner and just set the site to "site search" instead of site scan, he should hear whatever FDMA talk groups are on the site. On the Hippie Town site, he should hear the Chattanooga THP Dispatch 1 talk group which is still FDMA. He should also hear the Coffee Co SO main talk group which is still FDMA at this time. He should also hear TEMA, and a few others. If there is a special event in the area he should hear the TACN Mutual Aids on the site which are still FDMA.
Remember to program the system ID which is 02A5 and the WACN (if asked) which is BEE00.

wtp

well,
ID SEARCH, means that you get to hear any talkgroup, just not the ones you might have locked out.
ID SCAN, means the radio will only let you hear the talkgroups that are saved in the radio.
i do not know where you would program in the system ID.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
The RR database shows that Coffee County Public Safety talk groups are Phase 1. (Mode column = D)

TN - Coffee County (16) - Public Safety​

DECHEXModeAlpha TagDescriptionTag
48147bc13DCoffee EMSEMSEMS Dispatch
48146bc12DManchester FDManchester FireFire Dispatch
48144bc10DManchester PDManchester PoliceLaw Dispatch
48138bc0aDCoffee SO 1Sheriff - Law 1Law Talk
48139bc0bDCoffee SO 2Sheriff - Law 2Law Talk
48148bc14DCoffee FDVolunteer Fire DepartmentFire Dispatch
The only Coffee County talk group that he will be able to receive with that scanner is the 48138 Coffee SO 1 talk group which is still set to FDMA Phase 1. All of the other talk groups in that list are set to TDMA Phase II.
If he sets his scanner to the Hippie Town site, he will only hear talk groups, that have TACN radios affiliated to those talk groups, on that site. Hippie town is not a simulcast site and will not have many talk groups affiliated to it such as the Chattanooga City sites would.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
The only Coffee County talk group that he will be able to receive with that scanner is the 48138 Coffee SO 1 talk group which is still set to FDMA Phase 1. All of the other talk groups in that list are set to TDMA Phase II.
If he sets his scanner to the Hippie Town site, he will only hear talk groups, that have TACN radios affiliated to those talk groups, on that site. Hippie town is not a simulcast site and will not have many talk groups affiliated to it such as the Chattanooga City sites would.
How can he determine if the talk group is set to FDMA (1) or TDMA (2)?

RMason

Premium Subscriber

Talkgroup Mode​

• A – Analog (may be voice or data)
  • D – FDMA digital voice
  • M – Mixed (analog voice and digital voice)
  • T – TDMA digital voice capable

Encryption modes shall be used to indicate talkgroups that use encryption exclusively or when encryption is partially used.
  • E – Capital "E" - encryption exclusively noted
  • e – Lowercase "e" - partial encryption noted.
Example Uses:
  • Te - TDMA capable talkgroup with partial encryption
  • AE - Analog with exclusive encryption
  • DE - FDMA digital with exclusive encryption
  • De - FDMA digital with partial encryption
Of course, this depends on the information in the database being accurate and up-to-date.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it shows "D" on all the Coffee Co. talk groups, which, I understand is FDMA. Therefore, if it is FDMA. I would assume he should be able to receive all the talk groups. but, as you mentioned, and he said, he is only able to receive the CCSO talk group. :unsure:

hotelvictor

I'm receiving Coffee Co SO and most of the time it's from Hippie town farm but I'm not getting Manchester City but I have a SDS 200 and I have been experimenting with antennas and I think I am going to try a cellphone antenna any recommendations?