BCD996xt,program,Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkbirchbay

Premium Subscriber
I need some help with my system.
I had a smart man send me a custom program for my scanner and it works great. But I have a problem now that it has been running for sometime. Its time to delete some of the sites that I just cant get. Have run a logger so I know what I am hitting on and what I am not. What I need to know is how now to clean up my system to only scan what I can pick up. and trying to understand the scanner without some personal teaching is hard to do( I live in the sticks and people are hard to come by) So what I am asking is can someone help me sharpen up my system to only scan what I have hits on. Have an .csv file that show all hits and sites. now how to clean up my scanner the fastest way.(If I had a hardcover book on the scanner and software I could do it but trying to read a pdf file is not the same as a book.) And I know there are a lot of very smart scanner people out there that could do it in no time. So Please help and old disabled Vet Also need to set pri on the closet police and fire. I thank all of you out there because without you a lot of us would be lost.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you have the 'custom program' you should be able to edit that file down with the appropriate software then replace it in your radio. Do you know the application under which that 'custom program' was created?

If you don't know the application, then I'd suggest downloading FreeScan (it's freeware), then dumping the entire scanner contents, zip (compress it) using 7-Zip (again, freeware) and away you go. The links for both are below.

https://sites.google.com/site/sixspotsoftware/downloads

7-Zip

If you are using FreeScan, once you have this done, I can edit the file down for you. However you must be precise in what you want killed. I'm not from Minnesota (although the temps we had down here earlier this week might suggest otherwise....)

FreeScan's user guide is stored in our wiki. Once you have it connected up, here's the article on downloading from the scanner...

Freescan Downloads - The RadioReference Wiki

Note that there is a quick editor which allows you to nuke a system from the listing immediately. It's mentioned in the above article

Mike

pkbirchbay

Premium Subscriber
re:bcd996xt program help

I have all the hits in a csv. file I used id tracker III. I don't know how to enclose it in this thread. it show every hit I have had and the sites and numbers. Maybe I got a mind block should be easy to do but can't get the software to do what I want. the program I use to start with is ACR-XT. And I think he added and Id search in it also to get anything he did not load. I downloaded everything from the scanner into ACT-XT but could not find an easy way to edit it with out going from line to line. (old age and not keeping up on thing as they change makes for a pain in the rear when thing don't go right).

captclint

Mentor
I use to start with is ACR-XT. And I think he added and Id search in it also to get anything he did not load. I downloaded everything from the scanner into ACT-XT but could not find an easy way to edit it with out going from line to line. (old age and not keeping up on thing as they change makes for a pain in the rear when thing don't go right).
If I undertand, you have individual frequencies that have not received any hits that you want to eliminate. There is no shortcut or method of using the hits log to do this.You need to highlight the line and hit the del key. If it is a whole group or system, you can delete them by highlighting on the left panel, right click, and selecting delete group or system.

The same is true for editing frequencies, groups or systems. You have to edit each frequency, system, or group. Did I understand what you meant correctly?

Last edited:

pkbirchbay

Premium Subscriber
yes you did. I cant download the hits in a csv file and then upload just that file to the system. I need to do it one at a time? a lot of it is set to groups I guess you call them. but also the question is is there something called and ID search to find unknown sites and can you turn that off?(wish we had a club in the area so a guy could sit and chat and make life easy like the old bearcat 10 channel use to be) thanks more input needed old kid at the helm(LOL)

captclint

Mentor
is is there something called and ID search to find unknown sites and can you turn that off?(wish we had a club in the area so a guy could sit and chat and make life easy like the old bearcat 10 channel use to be) thanks more input needed old kid at the helm(LOL)
Each trunking system has the IDsearch/ID Scan setting. Click on the system, and then click on the trunk system parameters and you will see the check boxes.

There might be a way to import your log file using a Easy Grab feature, but I think it might be more trouble than worth

Edit: You can experiment with this. Create a new system, and click on the group. Highlight all the frequencies in your log file you want to put in a group, and edit copy them, Then select "Edit, Paste frequencies". I think this is more trouble, but you decide.

Last edited:

pkbirchbay

Premium Subscriber
BCD996XT

Thanks for that. Might try it. guess I look for the easy way to do things. But every piece does help me. So a big thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.