BCD996XT Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselburner

I have this scanner and originally used Butel to program it 2 years ago. I was not very happy with the ease of using that software and am now going to update the scanner and use another vendor. I was looking at what others thought and it seems that proscan and freescan are the two that are the most highly regarded. Can anyone tell me of these two vendors, which is the easier to use and most intuitive? Thanks Steve

NYRHKY94

Steve:

I've used both of those programs with my Unidens and find them to be easy to use & intuitive. One is fully free and one has a free 30-day trial before buying as you probably know. Do you have a need/desire to remotely access/control your BCD996XT and/or set-up a stream (private or public)? Both of those functions are a must for me, so Proscan is my #1 preferred choice and well worth the license fee IMO. Just a couple thoughts for you.

Thanks - Mike

Last edited:

ilgrant

Freescan works well. What I liked is that I was able to import my 396T file created from Uniden's software and program my 996XT without any modification.

BCTool is also decent but does tend to lock up for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.