BCT15 doesn't show groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
While scanning, the BCT15 doesn't show groups while scanning? It only shows the system. If you press the function key then the groups show.

Is there someway to change that? I love that I can look at my 996 and tell what groups are scanning.

Thanks

n2mdk

I just bought a BCT15 and it doesn't show the groups while scanning. I wish it did but I can live with it.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
andrewccm said:
I believe that is normal.

I'm not sure what "normal" means, I imagine you mean that is the way the scanner is set up.

I understand that, and my question is actually is there a way to change that?

Thanks

jaymatt1978

I believe that particular function is the same both the BCT15 AND the BCT996. I have been having the same problem where one quickkey seems to turn off when I leave the radio off for a while. I have the quick key enabled but I always have to manually scroll through and unlock the system. Just one of the quirks I haven't firgured out yet

n2mdk

Highpockets said:
Why didn't you go for the extra bucks and get the 996?

I don't have anything digital in my area, and living on SSD really doesn't lend me to buying a $500 scanner. I bought one od the "Like New" BCT15's from UnidenDirect with part of my $300 stimulus payment :)

Highpockets

n2mdk said:
I don't have anything digital in my area, and living on SSD really doesn't lend me to buying a $500 scanner. I bought one od the "Like New" BCT15's from UnidenDirect with part of my $300 stimulus payment :)

Don't expect digital anytime soon near you? I'm waiting for my check, then I'll get either get the 996 or 600, still 50-50 on what I'll get, leaning to the 996, always had good luck with uniden scanners, not liking what I'm seeing with the upgrades though.

n2mdk

Highpockets said:
Don't expect digital anytime soon near you? I'm waiting for my check, then I'll get either get the 996 or 600, still 50-50 on what I'll get, leaning to the 996, always had good luck with uniden scanners, not liking what I'm seeing with the upgrades though.

I really don't expect digital here anytime soon. The 2 trunked systems used by both Ames ans ISU are leased there is so much stuff on those systems it would mean a major infrastructure change.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets said:

For the record, I recently got a BCT15 and find it a great scanner. I have the 396T and find the BCT15 a heck of a scanner for the price if you don't require digital. My 396 does fine for the 2 digital sites here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. For the hundreds of others..the BCT15 is excellent for $200.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets said:
It would be a cold day in hell before anyone gave me anything for free, I even try praying, nothing works! :)

Actually, i'm a dispatcher for First Responder Wireless News and I accumulated enough points paging out jobs that I got a free scanner. I could've waited a few more months for a 996, but I'm too impatient.

Highpockets

kenisned said:
Actually, i'm a dispatcher for First Responder Wireless News and I accumulated enough points paging out jobs that I got a free scanner. I could've waited a few more months for a 996, but I'm too impatient.

Good for you, no job I ever worked for gave me anything for nothing, if your still accumulating points, I guess the 996 is next! Sounds like a great job.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets said:
Good for you, no job I ever worked for gave me anything for nothing, if your still accumulating points, I guess the 996 is next! Sounds like a great job.

It's really a hobby... i do it when I can. I'm listening to the scanner anyway, so why not get something out of it. yanno?

Status
Not open for further replies.