Bct15x pause problem - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigyun2000

Hi all and a very good morning from UK. I have the BCT15X which I received the other day. I am used to using the UBC800XLT and previous Uniden scanners before that.

I have a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to.
I have programmed in some UK Milair frequencies and scans as it should. However the scanner seems to HOLD when it picks up an active frequency as it should do. If there is a lot of talking, the scanner appears to be pausing audio every 1-2 seconds.

I thought it may be because it was either searching PRI or perhaps CLOSE CALL. All these are set to off.

I am using BCTool Software which shows the pause is every second. So it seems there is a break in audio.

It is causing problems because I am only able to listen to every other second at a time.

Can anyone assist please? I have tried to add 2 wav files so you get idea.
Kind regards

Bigyun2000 UK

Attachments

• Test 1.zip
    164.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Test 2.zip
    194.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
WX priority would be about every 5 seconds, though. On the BCT15X, if the break is every 2 seconds, most likely he has not turned off Beartracker.

bigyun2000

Hi all and a BIG THANKS. I managed to turn off Beartracker. But it was still doing it. I had noticed I had PL, DT,HP BT at the bottom of the screen. I turned these off and hey presto, we are normal again.I guess this is because this unit is made for the US and not for EU.

For those who need to know how to do this:-
1. Look for one or more of the abbreviations, PL, DT,HP, or BT at the bottom of the display.
2. Press POL button repeatedly until both PL or DT disappear.
2. Press HP repeatedly until both HP and BT disappear.

The BCT15X manual on CD covers this in the file "StatebyStateScanning.htnl

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.