BCT15X program help

Status
Not open for further replies.

captclint

Mentor
So confusing. I'm TRYING to program my bct15x. EDACS system.
Welcome to RR. Yes, programming trunking systems can be a challenge. Each frequency(red and Blue) has to have an LCN number associated with it. While I have no EDACS experience, I would play it safe and enter ALL of the frequencies and LCN's instead of just the red and blue.

Here is an explanation of how to set one up: Easier to Read BCT15-X EDACS sys and here is an explanation of how to enter the LCN and freq;s. Easier to Read BCT15-X LCN

It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
So confusing. I'm TRYING to program my bct15x. EDACS system. Do I have to start with the control number(LCN)? I read to start with the freq with the small 01 before freq, but my control number is small 04. Control number is in red. What's the alternate control number (in blue). Where should that go as my sequence? How the heck do I program so I don't miss anything?

Dennis welcome to radioreference forums! There's a few things to make programming the scanner easy. To quicken your search check this video out Uniden BCT15x or XT radio scanner program a standard EDACS System - YouTube it has a few things at first most people don't use but it does show how to program the lcn for an edacs system. I would download freescan to make it very easy to program from your computer. There is a "Easier to read manual" that may help. Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual Have fun with it. The search functions of this website work great, many people ask the same question in a post so give that a try as well. 9 times out of 10 you will find the answers you need. :)

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
To clarify, on EDACS and LTR systems, you must enter every frequency. After entering the frequency you will be prompted to enter its LCN (the small number).

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And to add to this; as strange as it might seem, as I've seen this on LTR systems, you can jump from channel 01 to channel 04 with 2 or 3 being blank. Stick with the LCN as shown, even if it looks wierd due to missing frequencies in a channel slot

Mike

DennisExplorer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks VERY much to all. I've been a scanner listener for over 40 years (yep, the old Regency with the big red lights). Wow...now I have to use my brain.

N8IAA

So confusing. I'm TRYING to program my bct15x. EDACS system. Do I have to start with the control number(LCN)? I read to start with the freq with the small 01 before freq, but my control number is small 04. Control number is in red. What's the alternate control number (in blue). Where should that go as my sequence? How the heck do I program so I don't miss anything?

Deleted.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to find out how to download the close call freqs I find when my scanner picks them up and download them to my cc list but when I read from the scanner to my pc it doesnt download them

Status
Not open for further replies.