BCT15X: BCT15X Programming cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin1234

Hi everyone,

I own a bct15x, and have recently been having problems with the programing cable, it just stops working. Ive tried changing com ports and Ive tried several different programs. Once I buy a new cable there are no problems for a little while then it starts happening again where it wont connect. Does anyone know of a cable that they haven't had problems with, or maybe a different way I can connect the scanner to my computer?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No googling needed, really, just go to our wiki here

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Bottom line, the official Uniden USB-1 is the safest bet, but there are others (as mentioned in Dog's link) that can also work. Just be very careful if you are using Win8.x or Win10, as they get royally picky about having the right drivers. There are so many el-cheapo Chinese knockoffs (found on eBay), these will not work at all

Mike

JamesO

Have not confirmed this will work, but one possible solution is something like this connected to the rear port.

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Seria...1-1-spons&keywords=usb+to+serial+female&psc=1

The other question is if you are using a computer if the BOTH the scanner and computer are plugged into AC power, there may be a ground loop. If possible put the scanner on a battery or use a laptop without the power adapter connected and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.