BCT15X, Service Scan problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclark1245

So I was setting up my scanner, after viewing some tutorials online.
I made two systems. The first was a trunked system , and the second was a conventional. On both, I did not set quick keys, etc.
After programming it started scanning: The first system, then the second system, and then repeated. Well after about two hours of listening, I accidentally changed something. Now it was scanning different: It scanned system 1, then 2, then it started scanning all of the frequencies rapidly, starting at a low number, and rising. Then when it got to the highest frequency, it re-started at my programmed systems. Can anyone tell me what function I enabled, I searched online and I think it is the service scan feature.
But, how did I enable all of the service scans with one press, and how does someone disable them all, other than going in settings and locking out each one individually. Basically all I want to do is scan everything I have programmed, no more, no less.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and Im sorry if I sound stupid. I basically bit off more than I could chew when I agreed to program my grandmother's new scanner.

nanZor

I basically bit off more than I could chew when I agreed to program my grandmother's new scanner.

Nobody here from new user to old hand is stupid, so no apologies needed.

One thing I found helpful when starting was to start with a clean slate and do a total reset on the scanner to wipe out the pre-loaded programming. This programming can be quite out of date anyway, and that way you won't be accidentally toggling stale non-local systems on and off.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You likely pressed and held down L/O for several seconds, unlocking everything. To lock out the searches, press F+L/O, L/O while the scanner is in the search.

jclark1245

Thank you, and yes I have already read the "Easier to Read Manual" I think it is much better than what Uniden produces, but I still have trouble understanding it. I have since reset the scanner ( Pressing: HOLD, 2, and 9 while powering on) and I have re-programmed the systems. Thank you everyone for your help. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. I have one more question though. Is it recommended I set quick keys for systems, groups, and channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.