Beached whale on Venice Beach

RedArrows

I'm hearing news reports of a beached whale on Venice Beach. I might have missed some communications is there a way anyone can send some recordings of a report of a beached whale?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing news reports of a beached whale on Venice Beach. I might have missed some communications is there a way anyone can send some recordings of a report of a beached whale?

Most of the Sarasota LE talkgroups are encrypted, so it is unlikely you'd hear anything related to the incident other than possibly the initial dispatch. That said, the archives are available for review and download in the RR archives if there is a Feed for the area.

RedArrows

Most of the Sarasota LE talkgroups are encrypted, so it is unlikely you'd hear anything related to the incident other than possibly the initial dispatch. That said, the archives are available for review and download in the RR archives if there is a Feed for the area.
Wish I could download from the archive but I do not have a subscription

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Wish I could download from the archive but I do not have a subscription

Yes the archives is a part of membership, which is really reasonable for all the features it gives you access to, six months is only $15. I doubt a member will search and send it to you for free.

Reactions: wtp

HT-220

WB2ZRP,WRTR873
wrong, very few encrypted talk groups on the Sarasota-Manatee system!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
wrong, very few encrypted talk groups on the Sarasota-Manatee system!

Then hopefully someone will update the database, as that is what I was looking at, any assistance with the whale would probably on a TAC or Patrol TG not on dispatch.

1.PNG2.PNG

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
Then hopefully someone will update the database, as that is what I was looking at, any assistance with the whale would probably on a TAC or Patrol TG not on dispatch.

View attachment 158182View attachment 158183
You're correct. Most of Sarasota County LE is E. It's odd dispatch isn't. All the other stuff isn't. I listen to N Port LE and fire/rescue all the time.