Bearcat bct15x programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennes913

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to program the bearcat bct15x on a computer? What software do I need that sort of stuff?

Does anyone know how to program the bearcat bct15x on a computer?
You can use FREEScan, a free program that programs scanners.

Here is a link to the "Easier to Read" manual for your scanner.

Good luck!

tvengr

Well Known Member
To receive P25 Phase 2, you need a digital scanner. The BCD996P2 is very similar to your scanner and will receive P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2. What is your location (city, county, state)? The scanner that works best will depend on the systems you want to receive.

Last edited:

bennes913

Premium Subscriber
I'm still trying to find a software to program the scanner that works this freescan doesn't any recommendations

software to program the scanner that works this freescan doesn't any recommendations
From the FREEScan website:

"This version supports the the SC230, BC246T, BR330T, BCD396T, UBC3500XLT,
BCT15, BCD996T, BC346XT(C), BCD396XT, BCT15X,
and BCD996XT scanners."

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm still trying to find a software to program the scanner that works this freescan doesn't any recommendations

Actually, Freescan works very well for the BCT15X.

Many folks here are using it for the BCT15X and other scanners. What are you having trouble with? If you are having problems with connecting your scanner to your computer with the cable, chances are you will have problems with the other software packages as well.

Describe what you have tried with Freescan so far, and why you are under the impression that it doesn't work with the BCT15X. What specific cable are you using?

tvengr

Well Known Member
"This version supports the the SC230, BC246T, BR330T, BCD396T, UBC3500XLT,
BCT15, BCD996T, BC346XT(C), BCD396XT, BCT15X,
and BCD996XT scanners."
FreeSCAN also supports the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 and it is Free.. If you are not using DMR or NXDN, FreeSCAN is all you need. If you give us your city, county, state and the agencies you want to receive, we can check if you need DMR or NXDN.

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
FreeSCAN also supports the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 and it is Free.. If you are not using DMR or NXDN, FreeSCAN is all you need. If you give us your city, county, state and the agencies you want to receive, we can check if you need DMR or NXDN.

And it's worth every penny you paid for it.

I used to use Freescan, and was quite happy with it. Then I tried Proscan. I don't even have Freescan installed any more.

I have nothing against freeware (actually quite the opposite), and I truly appreciate all the time and effort the author put into Freescan. But he moved on in life (2-3 years ago, if I am not mistaken) which means no new features (hence the half-implemented DMR support, and none whatsoever for NXDN), not even bug fixes. Compare that to Proscan, whose author hangs out here on RR and puts out a new release every few weeks.

The OP hasn't had any luck with Freescan and asked for other options, which I provided. I guess I should have added, "But Freescan should work too".

IMHO if someone asks "what can I use to program my new scanner" the best answer is to provide all the options and let the user try them out and pick the one they prefer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.