Best Bang for the Buck Shortwave Radios with SSB Capability

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Yup, it looks like a Mini-B to me. I wonder if licensing rights were a main factor in the use of that type to keep costs down?

image.png

... so if his PC or charging adaptor only has a C type output, and he already has a dual Type C cord... there are always adapters like this...

Adapter.jpg

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are quite a few sites where you can get reviews of various levels on portables; and they sometimes do talk about receiving sideband. Nonethe;less if you are looking for a portable HF radio, these sites should be on your list. From our wiki...

Mike

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Well, everyone has an opinion, and you can take anyone's review(s) with a grain of salt, but I found one guy that made me pleased with my former radio purchase.

His comment, "The Eton Elite Executive is a stellar performer, but it falls over and is clumsy to use with the snap-on case." Well, I 3D printed a stand and never use the case, so...

K4EET

Chaplain
Premium Subscriber
Edit: a customer at Amazon posted a review and he says his radio, received in July, 2024, does have a USB-C jack.
That is probably the review that I saw. The question now is this. Does that reviewer know what the differences are in USB connector designations and were they correct in identifying it as a USB Type C? None of the OEM’s documentation show or mention a USB Type C connector.