Best dmr radio in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknishun

Best DMR Radio in 2017

I've got a CS-750 and a Moto XPR6550. Both work OK.

I've been happy with my 750 so I would recommend it, but you might want to consider the CS-760. Nicer display and doesn't cost that much more. I haven't read many reviews, but there is info on it here -> Connect Systems

What I like about Connect Systems is that they're based in the USA and easy to get in touch with should you need any support.

I talked with Connect Systems by telephone today (04-17-2017) and they are not currently selling either the CS 760 or the CS 760 MAX because of radio sensitivity issues. The manufacturer of this radio (which must not be CSI) is having problems working out a solution and CSI does not know when the issue will be
resolved.

CSI is also going to release a mobile CS 800D which will have both UHF and VHF capabilities
sometime in early May.

In the meantime I think I will get the CSI 750. I have seen lots of good reviews about it.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
The CS750 is a great radio, you will enjoy it.

I talked with Connect Systems by telephone today (04-17-2017) and they are not currently selling either the CS 760 or the CS 760 MAX because of radio sensitivity issues. The manufacturer of this radio (which must not be CSI) is having problems working out a solution and CSI does not know when the issue will be
resolved.

CSI is also going to release a mobile CS 800D which will have both UHF and VHF capabilities
sometime in early May.

In the meantime I think I will get the CSI 750. I have seen lots of good reviews about it.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I have the XPR 5550 UHF and 7550 UHF radios and enjoy them both.

N4KVE

Since the OP asked for the BEST DMR radio, & is discussing portable radios, the answer is the Motorola XPR7550e, or the Hytera PD982. If the OP had asked what the cheapest DMR radio was, the answer would probably be the TYT MD380.

Nikontraveler

Tyt md390 w/o gps

I have been using the TYT MD 390 UHF W/O GPS since December 2017. It is the everyday radio that I carry as it functions extremely well on analog and DMR. For $159 it is really worth the money. The TYT MD 380 is also a great DMR radio for under $100. The three differences between the MD380 and the MD390 are that the MD390 is a little bigger and heavier with a great build quality. The MD390 has a 2200Mah standard Li-ion battery and the MD 380 has a 1800Mah standard Li-ion battery and finally the MD390 is IP67 Waterproof.

mauiblue

I have been using the TYT MD 390 UHF W/O GPS since December 2017. It is the everyday radio that I carry as it functions extremely well on analog and DMR. For $159 it is really worth the money. The TYT MD 380 is also a great DMR radio for under $100. The three differences between the MD380 and the MD390 are that the MD390 is a little bigger and heavier with a great build quality. The MD390 has a 2200Mah standard Li-ion battery and the MD 380 has a 1800Mah standard Li-ion battery and finally the MD390 is IP67 Waterproof.
I have the same radio (MD-390) but with the GPS feature. It is a great radio but the software is a bit sucky. It crashes every so often and the hard copy manual is not much helpful. In the end, the price for the radio is good and it does have a good build quality.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Those radios are still teething out CPS and firmware bugs. They may end up being good radios, but only if the bugs get fixed.

razorseal

Well I just ordered a used Hytera P782U2 on ebay. Hopefully it will treat me well and isn't a dud. I got the asurion protection for 6 months lol.

From what it seems, they are built along the lines of Motorola, except the Motorola used was nearly twice the cost and seems like I can't program it myself unless I buy more stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.