Best Software for BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd9199

I have been a long time scanner listener (45 years) but just bought my 1st scanner that can be connected to software. It looks like the big players are FreeScan, ProScan and ARC (XT in my case). I realize much of the choice is personal preference but I'm looking for a bit of guidance before I purchase tonight. TIA

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
i only have experience with Butel's software (ARCxxx). I've used many versions of their software and can give a thumbs up to each. You might check with Butel to see if they have a free demo version you can try before purchasing.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have been a long time scanner listener (45 years) but just bought my 1st scanner that can be connected to software. It looks like the big players are FreeScan, ProScan and ARC (XT in my case). I realize much of the choice is personal preference but I'm looking for a bit of guidance before I purchase tonight. TIA
You can also try out Proscan with their free trial. Check their website here:

Proscan has a lot of extra features such as remote monitoring and control of your scanner from anywhere, through your smartphone, etc.

pd9199

Yes, I downloaded and used it last night and it seems to do everything I need and is very functional. I also played with freescan which was ok, but not great...and I didn't see a way to import more than copy/paste. I plan to try ProScan tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.