BEWARE/HEADS UP

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
More interesting stuff...

In this post (the other member suspected to be LisaOli) gives an email address...

The "'jfc" is interesting since the guys name in the other article is John Clarke and I found an arrest record for John Fitzgerald Clarke in Iowa that seems to match up...

Home Page - Polk County Released Inmates (you can search John Clarke here).

Things that make you go hmm...

Triple6Ham

interesting indeed.
the whole transaction has been a little off from the get go.
Shouldve trusted my gut, I've been around the game long enough to smell something fishy.
But I just HAD to save $150 bucks on a scanner!
Well now an SDS 100 is going to cost me like $1200 bucks:mad::mad:

We are still texting and I agreed to wait until Saturday to see if tracking he provided will show up on USPS.
slim chance but I'll give the benefit of the doubt since I'm already this deep.
I just can't understand why keep texting and answering the phone?

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: what a scumbag. But I forwarded all my info,emails and pics to iowas state police never heard from them :(:(
Never, never, never forward out of state criminal information to another states law enforcement agency. Instead, forward as much information you can find to the other state's attorney generals office. I can almost guarantee you will get a response.
Also, Interstate Fraud is a USC Felony. You can can contact the FBI and they absolutely love to pursue these cases because of the paper and electronic trail left behind.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
interesting indeed.
Shouldve trusted my gut, I've been around the game long enough to smell something fishy.

We are still texting and I agreed to wait until Saturday to see if tracking he provided will show up on USPS.

How's that tracking number working out for you?

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC

As long as he has you preoccupied with him, you won't be calling the police. It's merely a stalling tactic. Transactions should be easy and the tracking number should give you some red flags if it has not been updated by today. Start gathering information now and report him to the appropriate office and the Postal Inspectors. If you get the chance to talk on the phone with him again, advise him that you are recording the conversation and watch what happens. That should tell you all you need to know and confirm your suspicions. Go from there.

buggiecar

W1COD
Premium Subscriber
I just experienced something similar. I have a Yaesu FT-857D for sale on Craigslist. Someone by the name of Victoria Christensen karimikazem69@gmail.com offered to buy the radio..but would send a bank check (red flag #1) and would send a courier to pick it up (red flag #2) When I replied I prefer cash and in person...I get a second email stating she can't come to pick up the radio because she is in the process of moving. (red flag #3) Definitely scammer.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have had the same experience when listing items on Craigslist. Bank check, courier, and sometimes offering to pay way more than what I am asking. I wheel and deal vintage guitars and I have my own 'screening method' when I talk to someone, a simple question pertaining to guitars that any guitarist would know. They don't immediately answer, I hit the red button and shut them down.

JD
kf4anc

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Please keep in mind this forum is for feedback on transactions that took place through the RR classifieds.

WA3CSX

interesting indeed.

he likes to string you along

Triple6Ham

thanks all.
no tracking or refund. or radio lol
I'm going to forward info to the proper authorities and call this one a wrap.
you can close this one, Thanks all for the info
T6HAM

Looks like I was the one to get bit.
Iowa number, username is LisaOli
Darn this really stinks. Idk why I fell for it, I do a lot of transactions and should’ve gone with my gut feeling on initial comms.
lots of texts and even a phone conversation.
but one week in and no radio but lighter $500.

He has done this same thing to me. Cost me money and A unication G3. He went to Texas, going to ship items, I never got tracking.
Come to find out he has a long track record.
John Fitzgerald Clarke Federal Offender number 0806369.
On here he is lisaoli. on facebook he uses his sons profile Tre Clarke to sell on market place.

If anyone has more information they can feel free to send it to me. He has scammed a few more people here in Iowa locally.

Last edited:

GumbyCT

FWIW - some years back I got in a scam deal here on RR Classifieds - and like others felt it was safe. I used Paypal which I also thought was safe - this was before Friends & Family. The bottom line Paypal told me I won the dispute but there was no money to refund me. To make matters worse that internet and fraud BS did absolutely nothing, local police did nothing. There were at least a half a dozen people that I posted they had the same problem.

Karma is the best solution for folks who do that.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber

I think this may be his new alias.