• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Big power on channel 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8wtf

Lots and lots of farms have 400-600 amp service. Even unused farms, tiny little double wides on 10+ acres are common in south Jersey, and all of the outbuildings are powered, I usually see these elaborate rigs in the boondocks too. And anyone with a dock on a serious piece of water probably has 3-phase 440v, 500amp running to the shore power outlet.

Second hand diesel generators (think of what a commercial building or small data center would use for backup power) are also not that hard to come by.

pjtnascar

I have heard the channel 6 "worldwide" morons for years! They also mess up channel 11 at times. I doubt they run more than a KW, but it's possible some do.

The piney stuff is funny, but I don't stop at just the pineys. Anyone who lives below exit 7 on the TPK or exit 80 on the Parkway I consider "Southies." All though they are technically from New Jersey, they are more like hillbillies from the southern US.

(And yes, there are hillbilly rednecks here in Sussex county too, but I lived in Hudson County for 25 years so I am qualified to pass judgement! :) )

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"All though they are technically from New Jersey, they are more like hillbillies from the southern US."
That's exactly what Pineys are, hillbillies out in the woods on rolling sand dunes covered with pitch pines but not to be confused with townies and other so called civilized people. If you ever saw a REAL Piney you'd swear you were in Deliverance. Apparently you never lived there, locals have an accent and pronunciation all their own closer to Delaware than New Jersey. FYI, Delaware is a Southern state and sounds like one too.

Aw you're just jealous you don't have Pineys up there at Lake Hokingkong and the power company would rat you out to the cops for growing marijuana if your linear drew that much current.

Now was that YEE-HAW or HEE HAW, y'all? (Cue Dueling Banjos.)

CB guys are running 1KW+

I was at dairy queen one day with my cousin and my car amp had a voice come over it ,I looked up
and there was a van! I asked him how much he was running and he said he had 6 alternators!
I beleive em,may not be clean power,but they are running it!Heard him down in SC.
Funny thing was he knew a ham friend of mine,was the funniest thing.''

Ps not toucin the yeehaw or the heehaws.

Last edited:

gewecke

Banned
I was at dairy queen one day with my cousin and my car amp had a voice come over it ,I looked up
and there was a van! I asked him how much he was running and he said he had 6 alternators!
I beleive em,may not be clean power,but they are running it!Heard him down in SC.
Funny thing was he knew a ham friend of mine,was the funniest thing.''

Ps not toucin the yeehaw or the heehaws.

You might have been hearing voices, but this guy was yanking your chain!
He did not have 6 alternators!

n9zas

brandon

Database Admin
They run all that power but still can't understand a word they say.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Warren has them named right!

But I like to call 'em CIVILTY BROKE (CB). They spend all those dollars trying to out-do the next dude in power. When hams go for QRP. THAT takes talent, skills, and brains. The CIVILTY BROKE crowd lacks all that. So I lmao at their um, er dumba@# ways....

KD0LWU

jbdx241

I used to have CB's program on my scanner but got to take it off. The only things I hear is interference and a guy by the name of Switchblade that over powers everyone and seem like he there for 24 hours

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROIDX Build/4.5.1_57_DX5-26) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

brandon said:
They run all that power but still can't understand a word they say.

Exactly.

Ray-D-O

What is going on?

I realize I live a sheltered life but what is going on some of these videos when two vehicles park next to each other and rev their engines and do whatever else? Are they trying to see who can stay keyed drawing high power for the longest? Just curious....

KD0LWU

It's called a "Shoot out". There is a station some distance away that will determine which one is loudest.
They are trying to key over each other and everyone else, "My amp is bigger than your amp, my antenna is better etc"

gewecke

Banned
It's called a "Shoot out". There is a station some distance away that will determine which one is loudest.
They are trying to key over each other and everyone else, "My amp is bigger than your amp, my antenna is better etc"

Kind of like two 5 yr olds with walkie talkies,screaming as loud as they can to drown each other out! :lol:
Dumb, just too damn dumb!

n9zas

gewecke

Banned
pjtnascar and kb2vxa I find your comments bigoted and offensive

Why, they are right! Everyone is entitled to their opinions,but only ours matter! :twisted:

n9zas

SCPD

QRT
They are prejudiced based on economic status and/or geographic location. PC= Don't put anybody down except Southern White Christians( we are always fair game I guess).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.