Blue NE Patch, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
DTRS & EDACS, Actually sounds decent audio quality tonight., Denver PD and numerous DCSO units.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
U/D: Suspect in custody, K9 successful and patch being dropped.

Jim<

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
I hear that they did an upgrade on Network First about a year ago to handle the poor audio - has it sounded like crap more recently?

rfburns

I hear that they did an upgrade on Network First about a year ago to handle the poor audio - has it sounded like crap more recently?
Yes. I noticed during this incident that the patch sounded good on some systems (possibly the originating systems) and really bad on some other systems. I didn't write down which were the bad ones, but I remember one system in particular had very low, hollow sounding audio that was difficult to understand in a quiet environment.

The next time I hear a lengthy patch similar to this I want to listen on 5 or 6 radios simultaneously and log which systems or sites sound bad. Perhaps others can do the same and we can compare notes here.

greenthumb

Database Admin
Yes, that would be interesting. I wonder if there's a difference among the different talk groups too...

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that would be interesting. I wonder if there's a difference among the different talk groups too...

I was monitoring the DPD EDACS side and Blue SE Patch (on the West Metro feed) and the patch audio sounded great in both those locations.

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The audio sounds a lot better lately vs the past when they do patch the DTRS to any of the EDACS systems. They don't sound like their under water anymore!

greenthumb

Database Admin
I was monitoring the DPD EDACS side and Blue SE Patch (on the West Metro feed) and the patch audio sounded great in both those locations.

Jim<

I think the key is to find DTR-to-EDACS conversations and see how they sound. DTRS-to-DTRS or EDACS-to-EDACS should (!) sound fine.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
These were DTRS (DCSO) to EDACS (DPD) conversations I was listening too.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.