Border comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

Is the Border Patrol and CBP Radio Communications active?? and if so is it analog or digital?? Any other info appreciated.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know it's digital. There may be some analog left, but I'm pretty sure most of it is now digital.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Swanton Sector is all P25 Digital Encrypted, unless they are working with someone else.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
From what I've been told, comms within their agency are always (or almost always) encrypted. There have been reports of P25 CAI or even analog traffic when they communicate with other federal agencies.

Kevin

Jammin_Jay

I am on the Canadian Side and i have listen to the border patrol in the clear ONLY on sherrif frequencies, when they need to communicate they switch to analog, with a squawk at the end of the transmission. "Oscar Units and Mike Units". This was in the St Lawrence Area which if i am not mistaken is still part of the swanton sector.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
If memory still serves me...

Oscar units - Ogdensburg office
Mike units - Malone office
Charlie units - Champlain office
Sierra units - Swanton, VT office
Romeo units - Richford, VT office

I'm sure there are others, but I don't remember them. It beats the old 3-digit numbering system which got confusing at times.

Kevin

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
952.3625 Unknown Location - Need some help

Hi,

I'm in Montreal. I'm picking up what sounds like telemetry on 952.3750 MHz. There are no known licensed operators in Canada using this frequency. I think this may be in the NY/VT State border area. Can anyone there check it out if you're in the area?

Thanks
Paul

Last edited:

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
According to the FCC database the only thing I could find in Vermont is a 952.36875 licensed to Vermont Electric Co-op, but the transmitter is near (or on) Jay Peak.

Nothing was listed in NYS, at least near the border areas.

Kevin

CYUL

Premium Subscriber
Kevin

I think this is it. The FCC sheet confirms a data signal. I tuned the radio to the exact channel and it is clear. Signal is below the squelch. Elevation is at almost 4000ft.

Thanks for the help

Paul

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
If memory still serves me...

Oscar units - Ogdensburg office
Mike units - xMalone officexx **Massena Office*
Charlie units - Champlain office
Sierra units - Swanton, VT office
Romeo units - Richford, VT office
*Whisky Units* -Watertown NY Office
I'm sure there are others, but I don't remember them. It beats the old 3-digit numbering system which got confusing at times.

Kevin

Corrections above

Status
Not open for further replies.