Boston PD P25 Encryption

W1KNE

President, Scumbag Society of America.
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
2,835
Reaction score
4,065
Location
Southern New England
One big request. Please do not submit these to be entered into the DB. I am actively monitoring the whole system, and will be during the transition.

I will update the DB as the changes happen.

Thanks.
 

kc2asb

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
2,265
Reaction score
3,665
Location
NYC Area
Will I still be able to listen on my G5 pager?
Your only hope is if they provide delayed, dispatch-only feeds as Chicago and Baltimore have on Broadcastify. Chicago is on a 30 minute delay.

NYC is days from encrypting their last few zones that remain in the clear. The State legislature voted to approve a bill allowing an exemption for the press to have access, but it's been sitting on the governor's desk for months now. Whether the press would get access to delayed feeds or have to purchase/lease department-programmed radios is unknown.
 
Last edited:

KC1UA

This ain't gettin us noplace, we'll have to blast!
Database Admin
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
1,379
Location
Marstons Mills, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
welp hopefully the people will speak up and attend city meetings etc and at least get them down to digital instead of encrypted

its what most cities are doing when this happens, due to streamers and stringers etc
Um, that probably ain't happening.

The department is providing a feed of all encrypted channels, albeit delayed. The information has been clearly provided in advance for anyone wishing to continue to listen.
 

kc2asb

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
2,265
Reaction score
3,665
Location
NYC Area
Um, that probably ain't happening.

The department is providing a feed of all encrypted channels, albeit delayed. The information has been clearly provided in advance for anyone wishing to continue to listen.
That is great news! While nothing will replace listening directly, this is better than nothing.

FWIW, I love Boston. Have a lot of family in MA and southern NH. Did a lot of walking around, even went to Fenway for the first time as a kid, right after the Mets beat the Red Sox in the '86 series. I did not bring my Mets cap to the game. :ROFLMAO:

Glad I can still listen in to BPD from down here.
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
16,321
Reaction score
4,886
Location
Taxachusetts
Your only hope is if they provide delayed, dispatch-only feeds as Chicago and Baltimore have on Broadcastify. Chicago is on a 30 minute delay.

NYC is days from encrypting their last few zones that remain in the clear. The State legislature voted to approve a bill allowing an exemption for the press to have access, but it's been sitting on the governor's desk for months now. Whether the press would get access to delayed feeds or have to purchase/lease department-programmed radios is unknown.
if folks actually read the entire posting that Boston PD made there is a product for the FEED. Make sure you click MORE below
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
16,321
Reaction score
4,886
Location
Taxachusetts
Any idea how much of a delay it is?
I think we will have to wait, till they go P25 to determine the delay, and guess as the scanner is ENC, so we will need Dispatch to provide a time in the audio of the feed.

I've heard folks reporting ~5 sec right now, but alas, they are still Analog, not P25E yet
 

kc2asb

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
2,265
Reaction score
3,665
Location
NYC Area
Last edited:

KevinC

32D2T/957.282
Super Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2001
Messages
14,831
Reaction score
24,615
Location
I'm everywhere Focker!
I think we will have to wait, till they go P25 to determine the delay, and guess as the scanner is ENC, so we will need Dispatch to provide a time in the audio of the feed.

I've heard folks reporting ~5 sec right now, but alas, they are still Analog, not P25E yet
Thanks.
 
Top