BP Oil Clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Can we monitor this from here in New Jersey on our scanners or is that too far away to pickup?

Just to add bit to what Mike pointed out if you have an all mode HF reciever with SSB capibility you can pick them up.I am using a Grundig Satellit 750 with a 40' long wire antenna from my location here in Rhode Island.

Ken_Allen

Here, is Southern Arizona.

Cutter Resolute coming in S9+10 on my IC-718 with a 100ft dipole.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've got an AR5000 sitting on 5320.0 USB now 24 hours a day, broadcasting on a "private" feed. Since I'm in south texas, I get most of the communications even during Daylight hours. The USCG is using this frequency for asset coordination in the gulf related to the oil spill, including air and sea assets.

Expect to hear long periods of just static in between communications. Best times to hear operations are late evening when reports from all assets are filtered to the cutter RESOLUTE who seems to be managing the net.

USCG Gulf of Mexico HF Operations Live Scanner Audio Feed

SCPD

QRT
Hearing activity right now on 5320khz @ 0132am PDT. The signal is very weak up here in Seattle however.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Please, let's keep this thread discussing oil spill comms below 30 mhz. If you wish to redirect someone to another forum, that's fine, but let's keep the traffic in this thread on topic and on category. Let's not create yet another 'oil spill', hi

Thanks for your cooperation 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.