BPT. FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's just me not monitoring Bpt. fire in a while but I was surprised to hear engine 6 on Med-9 calling CMED and talking directly to an AMR unit with a status update. I don't remember this being the norm with them or southwest. I mean I'm not knocking it, just was not aware they did this.

Manny

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
Manny
I worked there 25 years and we didn't have a med channel. Take a look at their frequencies and
I don't think its listed. Maybe a new channel line up?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure George! I know I definitely heard them though. I had one of the scanners parked on Southwest CMED. As soon as I heard them call, I focused right on the screen thinking it was me hearing things. So it could be a new channel added. It would require a new radio obviously since their main channels are VHF. Definitely worth looking into.

Manny

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I heard that same call Manny. I have one radio dedicated to just Milford FD and Cmed Med 9, so I can confirm the transmission was just as you described, and on Med 9. I have not heard anything like it since that one instance. I think Northeastern does Bridgeport Fire radios so I don't know what they have inside their trucks. Maybe they have dual band portables now?

cg

Premium Subscriber
For North Central, any unit that does EMS with a requirement to contact Med Control needs a CMED radio. West Hartford issued separate UHF portables to each apparatus and the officer carried them into the location. I never used it but we had them. I am not sure what they do with the medics now but they would still need access to the CMED system.

chris

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Bridgeport runs VHF and I don't believe they have dual band portables. I know financially the city is struggling and they haven't upgraded their system as far as I know lately. They may do what New Haven fire does in South Central and have a separate UHF radio for SW C-MED. New Haven engine companies have a UHF radio in their rigs for medicals (or at least they did before the change). Or they could be doing a cross-patch in dispatch between the two separate frequencies.

Maybe Jon knows?

KB1JHU

Bridgeport has been threatening to stop payments to SW CMED since the New Haven/South Central debacle. They claim they have no use for the system and AMR should pay for it and constantly express their dislike for AMR. They have been told by CMED that if they're so unhappy with AMR, then rather than take it out on CMED, they should USE CMED to hold AMR accountable to their contract for response times as well as checking for an accurate status. Typically Bridgeport FD would have their dispatch call AMR direct for an ETA on an ambulance and AMR would give them a BS answer, like "they're right around the corner". Meanwhile, they're actually coming from somewhere like Milford. Maybe they're finally going to start using the system.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
When Fire Headquarters was built on Congress St , The Bays on the Housatonic Ave side where
made to have Ambulances run out that way. There's even Two ready rooms on the end of the first bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.