Brand New Islip Terrace Rig In MVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Cops: Islip Terrace fire truck crashes on way to Long Island

image.jpeg

A new pumper truck ordered by the Islip Terrace Fire Department won’t be arriving any time soon after the driver delivering the rig from Wisconsin suffered a medical emergency Tuesday on the New York State Thruway in East Fishkill, crashing the truck into a stand of trees, State Police said.

The driver, Glenn E. Bennett, 64, of Three Lakes, Wisconsin, was taken to Danbury Hospital in Connecticut, where he was in stable condition, police said.

Police said the rig, a 2016 Seagrave pumper truck, was being delivered to Islip Terrace from the Seagrave Fire Apparatus in Clintonville, Wisconsin, when it crashed on eastbound I-84 near Lime Kiln Road at 11:47 a.m. Police said Bennett is believed to have had an undisclosed medical emergency, “causing him to exit the roadway on the northern shoulder.”

“The truck entered the median and struck several trees before coming to rest,” according to a news release on the State Police website.

The damage to the truck was not immediately clear.

The Islip Terrace Fire Department said it had not taken delivery of the truck and that its personnel were not involved and referred all calls to Seagrave.

Calls to Seagrave were not immediately returned Wednesday.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
NYS Thruway doesn't run through East Fishkill. This accident happened on I84 in East Fishkill.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.