Brevard County Trunked Radio System Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber

gerstjo

The frequencies are correct. Some of the talkgroups are outdated.
Only enter the frequencies for the tower that you will be near.
Ex. If you are going to Cocoa Beach only enter the Rockledge tower frequencies.
If you are moving around the county put each tower in a separate bank in the scanner.
Remember that this is a EDACS system and the frequencies must be entered into the scanner in the order that they are listed.

John Gerstner
East Central Florida Scanner Page
http://home.roadrunner.com/~scanner/‎

waltmapb

Feed Provider
I have been monitoring this system for years and only the first twelve frequencies are valid for sites 1, 2 and 3. If you look closely you will see the others listed are repeats of frequencies already listed. So there are only 12 discrete frequencies for each site.

Look at what is listed at John's website:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~scanner/bcso.htm

Comments anyone?

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Thanks very much! Looks like I'm gonna be staying in Cocoa Beach mostly. Also great website John. Since some of the talk groups are out dated, would you just program in the frequencies and leave the talk group portion in wildcard or open?

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
That's very much for the help! Time to do some programmig here! I might also run trunker down there too , since I'm always interested in looking at the system from that aspect too.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Before the update, the frequencies were duplicated. The upper LCN's used the same frequencies as the lower LCN's.

I suspect that these LCN's might have just been placeholders in the radios for future expansion.

Somebody with an EDACS control channel utility could easily determine if they are used.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
They are not. But I have been assured that they ARE present in the programming of the radios.
Since the extra channels are not even addressed, and are duplicate frequencies anyway, I'm not sure why they are (or were) even in there. One remote possibility would be to have two active system controllers on the system, one live and one spare on standby, each of which have their own specific set of LCNS that they command. Thus, in the event of the failure of the system controller, a second controller could take over and redirect the radios to the duped channels, which are the same exact repeaters, just addressed from a different source.

That is wild speculation on my part. I don't even know if that's possible on an edacs system. But it's slightly more plausible than betting your next paycheck on a lottery win.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Thanks very much guys! I got my radio programmed, so it's all ready to go.
Does anyone know the unit numbers and such for the different PD's and SO's ? I tried to look for one and I couldn't see one, would be interesting to know which depts are talking and such

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Well, since it was YOU who stated in the first place that these were indeed more channels, it would be wise to check your info more clearly because they are not in the system at all.

The Entire Brevard county system is undergoing changes and will be going through it until at least 2018.

The PDF of the new changes comes up if you do a search for Brevard County P25.

Both Gert and I confirmed that there are no new frequencies as of yet on the system.

Those frequencies may not be part of the active system but I can assure you beyond any doubt that they were present in the file of....a highly reliable source. I saw it. Under conditions that allowed me to make notes about it.

If you received private messages I might give you some additional insights.

bud57

Looking for some words of wisdow if someone will help. I'm looking to get a scanner to listen to Brevard Cty Fire and EMS and i'm not familiar with trunking. I'm from NJ where our volunter department had one freq. Should I be looking at a digital or analog system--I guess it should be in the 850 freq.range. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bud

TEH

Visit to the Space Coast, and warnings

We are pleased to see that you are coming to visit us. Tens of millions of tourists and convention-goers come here every year, and most of them have a great time here. As with any travel anywhere on the planet, watch for scammers and crooks who prey on our guests. And make sure you have good maps and directions, or GPS, so you don't stray into a dangerous neighborhood.

1. The most important consideration is to understand and follow the Florida law limiting the use of equipment that can monitor law enforcement frequencies. I know of cases in which a scanner hobbyist was arrested, and/or his radio equipment was confiscated because of this law.

The statute is here:
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

It's Florida Statute 843.16, Which is part ot Title XLVI CRIMES
in Chapter 843 OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE

2. Unfortunately, dozens of law agencies in Central Florida are now encrypting their communications, and additional agencies will do that in the future. The state of Florida EDACS system is encrypted.

3 You will want to program the conventional public safety channels and mutual aid channels into your radio. Many of the hotels have licensed frequencies, and there are other business radio systems to monitor. Look for all of these in the conventional database section of RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference.

shew

i am from Louisiana....came to tttusville Saturday..where my sister lives.....watched the rocket launch yesterday.....and monitoring Brevard county on my hp-1

Status
Not open for further replies.