brick pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcc9mpl

so how do you get past the encryption? do you need a special type of radio they have, or do you need an encryption code from someone that has it, etc?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Brick PD Enc

The only legal way to get past the encryption that Brick PD uses is to go to their human resources/personnel office and apply for a job in Communications/Police Dispatcher. Or, become a member of the Police Department/Auxiliary/Special Reserves (whatever they call it) and be able to listen to the radio then. Since encryption keys can be changed at random, getting the same type of radio they have and then trying to affilliate it to their system is time consuming, (sometimes illegal, depending on interpretation of laws), and for me, a waste of time. As in my case with Edison PD when they went ENC a few years back, I simply started listening to other agencies/departments and found it to be more interesting than police. But everyone has their own specialty, I guess.

fineshot1

The only legal way to get past the encryption that Brick PD uses is to go to their human resources/personnel office and apply for a job in Communications/Police Dispatcher. Or, become a member of the Police Department/Auxiliary/Special Reserves (whatever they call it) and be able to listen to the radio then. Since encryption keys can be changed at random, getting the same type of radio they have and then trying to affilliate it to their system is time consuming, (sometimes illegal, depending on interpretation of laws), and for me, a waste of time. As in my case with Edison PD when they went ENC a few years back, I simply started listening to other agencies/departments and found it to be more interesting than police. But everyone has their own specialty, I guess.

There is no affilliation with Brick - there are 2 conventional repeaters and simplex on a couple of channels.

scannersnstuff

not being argumentative but by becoming a communication's operator or reserve police does not automatically mean that you will be issued a personal radio.some department's don't even assign a portable radio to their sworn officer's.in some dept's you have to sign in and out your radio.also the law regarding defeating encryption is specific in stating that if you are not privy to the encrypted traffic you may not decode same. <my wording not exact>.

Status
Not open for further replies.