brick pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse3256

sounds like they did a upgrade on there repeater!! channel is coming in a lot clearer and hardly any background noise they kinda sound digital anyone else notice this???

stvnd53

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've been hearring them on Fire Repeater...Port. tests,then mobiles.Then back onto there channel for a few days.Maybe someone with Great knowledge,say fromSilverton,could shed some light on this subject.I'm new here,so I know Nuttin!!!!!

TERSH

I did notice this, I also did notice how dispatch does not have the MDC Signalling anymore when they key up? There police freq went down or they had a problem with it, so they switched everyone over to Fire repeater, and had the fire department utilize the second fire repeater they have in town.

fineshot1

they kinda sound digital anyone else notice this???

How does one "kinda sound digital" ? It either is or is not.

and yes - the pd is upgrading to moto base station equipment and will be mixed mode soon.
i believe there intent is to operate mostly digital p25 and be backwards compatable for interop
purposes. i do not know if this will extend to the fd or ems base station equipment and also
do not know whether encryption will be employed by the pd.

sorry i did not respond sooner with this info but was away and just returned.

Highpockets

How does one "kinda sound digital" ? It either is or is not.

and yes - the pd is upgrading to moto base station equipment and will be mixed mode soon.
i believe there intent is to operate mostly digital p25 and be backwards compatable for interop
purposes. i do not know if this will extend to the fd or ems base station equipment and also
do not know whether encryption will be employed by the pd.

sorry i did not respond sooner with this info but was away and just returned.

Vacation? If so, did you enjoy your time away?

DJ88

I heard from a reliable source that Brick PD is SUPPOSED to switch to digital today. However, as I type (10:30 AM) they're still analog. I would suggest to anyone with a digital scanner to program the frequencies without the PL and run it both ways until they make the switch. To those who use a Uniden BCD996T, when you program it, be sure to set the voice to digital. He wasn't positive about encryption, but it is probably a yes. Fire and EMS will go digital but that's a long way off. Available money is being spend on necessities at the present time.

Last edited:

stvnd53

Banned
Go to database,click on NJ..Ocean county..Brick township..all the freqs are listed there.Make sure you don't have them L/O
There is I think 4 of them

kb2vxa

Banned
Being digital naturally the audio is clearer but the power is WAY down. Uh oh, when a perfectly good radio system goes digital encryption soon follows or so my experience tells me.

I spoke too soon, as of this edit they ARE encrypted!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.