Broadcast screen, Frequency lockouts & multiple search ranges in Discovery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumcajs_tr

Hi, after several firmware updates, i am still missing basic features when using DISCOVERY:

Why (in DISCOVERY mode) the BCDx36HP series don´t take into account:
- the Broadcast screen lockouts settings
- Frequency permanent avoids from search modes

And why (in DISCOVERY mode) the BCDx36HP does not allow to use multiple search ranges (eg. join two frequency ranges into one discovery run).

It seems to me, that these are essential functionalities for effective searching for unknown frequencies.

racingfan360

+1 from me for this.

I was really disappointed to learn that the BCDx36HP lacked the Search and Store feature that I used to great effect on every other Uniden I've owned over the years. I really hate the constraint of one single frequency band for DISCOVERY.

The best alternative I use is to enable record, and then run multiple custom searches. However reviewing recordings can be tedious as the recording metadata is so bespoke, and doesn't allow for easy review of the recorded file names etc say on a PC: it all has to be done manually on the scanner.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Tools \ Discovery Log Viewer in Sentinel allows review of recordings made during a discovery.

rumcajs_tr

I do not complain about Discovery log review tool... and i know it quite well...
The issue is that the Discovery feature implementation in the scanner is very poor... how can it ignore broadcast screen settings? How can it ignore frequency lockouts (avoids)? And the worst thing is lack of possibility to join multiple ranges together... continous search of spectrum interval is usually useless... you have to skip some parts without interesting traffic

For me, Discovery mode implementation is big disappointent...

Status
Not open for further replies.