Bucks County TRS Submission

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I've gotten a submission for the Bucks TRS that's claiming new TG's that aren't even close to the known numbering system in use by the county. Can someone else confirm (via monitoring or UniTrunker) that these are showing on the system?

Fire Police Ops 1 - 20113
Fire Police Ops 2 - 20133
Lower Bucks Schools (E) - 10601
Middle Bucks Schools (E) - 10602
Upper Bucks Schools (E) - 10603
Secure Tac 5 (E) - 10505 through Secure Tac 8 (E) - 10508

Thanks in advance!

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I checked my various Unitrunker & Proscan logs for Bucks and do not have any of these. I've never logged anything higher than a two digit number on the Bucks system & this is with ID Searches turned on. They don't appear to be UIDs either (7 digits per UID)

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately right now I'm not in a position where I can do the research but I can tell you up to today, using the database in radio reference as it stands..

Tac 1-5 was never encrypted and used by the police on a regular basis for radar setups and even very secure surveillance, in the open, even though each Zone, 1-8 has a secure Ops Channel which is encrypted but what's the point, that was before dispatch went encrypted, as all of Bucks County Police including dispatch is encrypted but before they went over they did have Ops one through eight. Why they would need to encrypt Tac 5 as we already know it, I don't know. Again away from home and really not able to compare tg's.

As of yesterday fire police North and South was in the open, I listen to Bristol Township fire police on their old UHF repeater. Bristol Borough also has fire police on an even older UHF repeater and both of those frequencies were active during the serious floods this weekend. Along with Borough radio on UHF.

The school's stuff I have no idea about and can't comment, I don't recognize the talk groups as being part of the Bucks County Phase 2 system. Give me some time..

I'll listen hard tomorrow when things are active and I will reach out to internal sources that may be able to shed some light, if there's been any changes...

Anything is possible. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but.. we'll get to the bottom of it.

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 6.54.26 AM.png

I have been watching these for a while, last month I even deleted them to see if it was anomaly and they came back.

W2SJW

Database Admin
One of the other admins here on the site has approved access to that system and confirmed these new talk groups as legitimate. I'll get them entered in today.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Also for the ones in my list that weren't mentioned
10211 - All PD Encrypted
18002 - Mostly fire affiliations, no voice calls so far
64999 - Looks like an encrypted radio tech talk group.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So I made an inquiry to a friend in the Communications business and he has a theory that sounds pretty interesting.

The five digit tgid's fit the starnet system, what they may be doing is setting up an ISSI link between the county system and the state system.

They're either going to set up those talk groups as Bucks County talk groups or they're going to add those talk groups for the reasons that are being mentioned here. This would be similar to what Mercer County has done with NJICS.

That way, a county user could talk directly to a state user. For that to work properly both systems would have to use the same talk group IDs.

@nosoup4u, does that sound plausible.. Bob.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
So I made an inquiry to a friend in the Communications business and he has a theory that sounds pretty interesting.

The five digit tgid's fit the starnet system, what they may be doing is setting up an ISSI link between the county system and the state system.

They're either going to set up those talk groups as Bucks County talk groups or they're going to add those talk groups for the reasons that are being mentioned here. This would be similar to what Mercer County has done with NJICS.

That way, a county user could talk directly to a state user. For that to work properly both systems would have to use the same talk group IDs.

@nosoup4u, does that sound plausible.. Bob.
You may be on to something, at least for 10211. That is in the PSP range and I am showing 10210 as Capitol PD 3, and 10212 as PSP SERT, so that would fill in that missing TG.