Bucks not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
Hello.

My Pro96 has been working flawlessly for years but lately I haven't been hearing much activity on the Bucks Police channels. I installed all new data from the RR website into my scanner... Philadelphia is working fine but Bucks is still not working right. I might occasionaly pick up a transmission, but not very often, and it's often a bit garbled.

I drive all over Bucks County all day so I know it's not my location, and I replaced the antennae today.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dep

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
It has been a while since I used a PRO 96 but do recall something about setting the Bucks system as a custom table. When I get home tonight I will try to remember to look up my old win96 files and see how the system is set. Hang in there.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I use win96

my settings are as follows:

Custom Table

Mot 3600 CC is set to custom
Mot 9600 CC is set to normal

Base 501.03750
offset 380
step 25.

Let me know if this works

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I'm using Arc96. I purchased Win96 years ago but I never got my new key to unlock it and I've emailed Don many times and he never replies. So I bought Arc96 and my settings are the same as you suggested. I even followed the instructions to reband the table and it still doesn't work.

Thanks very much for your help. It must be a simple setting somewhere, probably in Arc96, but I can't figure out what to do.

Thanks again!

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
Pro96 Arc96... can't get Bucks County, PA, to work

Hello,

My Pro96 has been working flawlessly for years. The other day I got ARC96 and uploaded the databases for Philly police and Bucks County Motorola. Philly is woking fine but Bucks just scans all day and never stops.

I did the "load reband table" command in ARC96 as is suggested in their manual, but it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
I live right outside Doylestown. Yes, I got my original copy and I used Win96 for a while and then I forget what happened... I either got a new computer or something, I forget what... maybe the key expired on its own... but I emailed him many times and never heard back. He wrote on his website that he had a huge backlog of email to answer, and I used a temporary key that he out up there, but when that he expired he was supposed to send me a permanant key and he never did. And never amswered my email. And never sent my money back either.

So I bought ARC96.

Thanks again!

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I am in the cross keys area, maybe we could connect and see if we can work this out for you.

If you used an e-mail service like yahoo or one of the other web based ones and did not delete the message the info should still be there. I do not know the ARC software.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Please stop creating threads for this. You already have one here. There is no need for more. Thanks..

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
Please stop creating threads for this. You already have one here. There is no need for more. Thanks..[/QUOT

Scanner freak.

Only one person has replied to this. Shouldn't I post the same question in the software or equipment section? Maybe people are having similar problems and they don't visit the Pennsylvania forum?

Thanks

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
I am in the cross keys area, maybe we could connect and see if we can work this out for you.

If you used an e-mail service like yahoo or one of the other web based ones and did not delete the message the info should still be there. I do not know the ARC software.

Thanks Trap! I should be able to find the information on line. The moderator keeps deleting my posts in the other sections though, so maybe not. I'm sure it's just a simple setting that I have wrong.

Thanks again for your help!

Dep

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Scanner freak.

Only one person has replied to this. Shouldn't I post the same question in the software or equipment section? Maybe people are having similar problems and they don't visit the Pennsylvania forum?

Thanks

No, that's cross posting.. Did you try the custom table that was posted above?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
According to the DB, the custom table is the following:

Base Frequency: 501.0375
Channel Lo: 380
Channel Hi: 759
Offset: 380
Spacing: 25.0

I do not know anything about ARC96, but that table should work if entered correctly.

Depmodeche

Premium Subscriber
According to the DB, the custom table is the following:

Base Frequency: 501.0375
Channel Lo: 380
Channel Hi: 759
Offset: 380
Spacing: 25.0

I do not know anything about ARC96, but that table should work if entered correctly.

Yes, I double-checked it and that's exacty what I have entered... BUT... there's a setting for multi-tables, normal, etc., and I've tried a variety of those settings to no avail. I wonder if that could be it. I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it!

Thanks again for your help!

Dep

duffyt87

Premium Subscriber
I live in Chalfont and my control channel comes in at 98-99% consistently. I have a pro-96 and use Win96 software. If you are interested, I have a clone cable and am willing to meet up. I have Bucks/Philly/and State Police (turnpike) programmed. I have different banks setup for the local police zones/fire/ems/tac/etc. It makes it easy to dial into something at a moments notice.

We can flash my scanner to yours, then you could upload to your ARC96 software and see what's going on. email me at tduffy@comcast.net if interested.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
In the past people have had problems with bucks due to scanners locking on to a Salem county control channel (which are also used on the bucks main system last I checked) . There are threads about it if you search "Salem"

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.