Burlington County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
But give me a call if you come across one checkchange.
(Who said that):whistle:
That solution would earn you an extended stay in Federal Prison, so I highly suggest you not say another word about that.

Let's see.
AES- 256 has 2^256 or 16^64 = 115,792,089,237,316,195,423,570,985,008,687,907,853,269,984,665,640,564,039,457,584,007,913,129,639,936 combinations.

That's One hundred fifteen quattuorvigintillion, seven hundred ninety-two trevigintillion, eighty-nine duovigintillion, two hundred thirty-seven unvigintillion, three hundred sixteen vigintillion, one hundred ninety-five novemdecillion, four hundred twenty-three octodecillion, five hundred seventy septendecillion, nine hundred eighty-five sexdecillion, eight quindecillion, six hundred eighty-seven quattuordecillion, nine hundred seven tredecillion, eight hundred fifty-three duodecillion, two hundred sixty-nine undecillion, nine hundred eighty-four decillion, six hundred sixty-five nonillion, six hundred forty octillion, five hundred sixty-four septillion, thirty-nine sextillion, four hundred fifty-seven quintillion, five hundred eighty-four quadrillion, seven trillion, nine hundred thirteen billion, one hundred twenty-nine million, six hundred thirty-nine thousand, nine hundred thirty-six!

In other words a very very big number!

For comparison purposes the visible Universe (not just our Milky Way galaxy) only has 1 billion trillion stars.

joey123

Premium Subscriber
Any idea when the frequency 154.2200 will be patched to the new system

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
Stupid thing is the tones are loud, clear (even down LBI) and about 50% louder than the voice transmission that's always staticy (even in county).
So to keep the neighbors from complaining and me from jumping out of my seat I have to offset the volume to the point I barely hear the voice.

Some of the dispatchers sound like they have their microphone boom up by their eyes or down by their neck. I tried the attenuation myself and it's useless when these folks are working, you just cannot hear them unless you put the radio against your ear.

rrpratt

Premium Subscriber
That's been an issue with the F1 dispatch channel for quite some time. Voice had been very low back in the winter. Has improved,in my mind, but not good enough. I think some dispatchers are culprits.

X9009X

The work being performed on the F1 side is progressing along. Last week District 30 (Burlington Township Fire) experienced issues when the County started broadcasting CG or PL with Tones. All of the Swissphone pagers stopped alerting. This was a big problem since more than 65% of there pagers are from Swissphone.

Working with the Commisioner's Office and Office of Fire Prevention we determined that the problem was not with the actual pagers, but with the paging tones being clipped due to very hot audio levels. Al along the Moto Pagers and Unication pagers never failed. Burlington Township is unique as they use older Federal Signal Tones. When the pagers were reprogrammed with lower frequency tones they worked as they should.

The Burlington County Radio Technicians along with the vendor working on the system made the necessary adjustments Friday afternoon now the Swissphone pagers are working as advertised.

Being a resident of the Township and a Member, I thank the diligent work put forward to correct the issue.

Also I agree with the comments of low transmit audio on dispatch, but believe this will be worked through as the cutover to P25 is established.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Radio training in Burlco has always been lack luster at best. Audio levels all over the place was the normal on the 500MHz system, even from the consoles at central. They were the worst offenders. It was as bad as DMR amateur radio which is pretty bad with Chinese radios running rampant. Hopefully Burlco will do a better job with the new system.

F-1 dispatch (154.220MHz) has very low audio currently as mentioned above. Someone SHOULD be addressing that problem.

Steve162

Premium Subscriber
Radio training in Burlco has always been lack luster at best. Audio levels all over the place was the normal on the 500MHz system, even from the consoles at central. They were the worst offenders. It was as bad as DMR amateur radio which is pretty bad with Chinese radios running rampant. Hopefully Burlco will do a better job with the new system.

F-1 dispatch (154.220MHz) has very low audio currently as mentioned above. Someone SHOULD be addressing that problem.

I feel there's variation depending upon the dispatcher. There's a male voice that is always 100% modulation- I think he was working days yesterday- while others, male and female, are just horribly low.

Does anyone know if they're all using the same make and model headset? Years ago when I was a REMCS dispatcher (Newark EMS) we had trouble getting one type of headset to work on the old GE consoles and the newer Motorola Centracom consoles. There was an impedence mismatch or something.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Steve, you are absolutely right. Between the radio technicians that set up the consoles and the on duty supervisor they should not have had the audio problems they had for so long. It's not rocket science to get the audio right, there was ample documentation direct from Motorola covering these audio issues dating back to 2002, before this smartzone system went live. I hope they do better job with this new system.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Some of the dispatchers sound like they have their microphone boom up by their eyes or down by their neck. I tried the attenuation myself and it's useless when these folks are working, you just cannot hear them unless you put the radio against your ear.

I feel there's variation depending upon the dispatcher. There's a male voice that is always 100% modulation- I think he was working days yesterday- while others, male and female, are just horribly low.

Does anyone know if they're all using the same make and model headset? Years ago when I was a REMCS dispatcher (Newark EMS) we had trouble getting one type of headset to work on the old GE consoles and the newer Motorola Centracom consoles. There was an impedence mismatch or something.
You are all correct, I'm only quoting a few people... when Bucks County went from their 500 megahertz type II smartzone system to p2 along with the new equipment they seemed to get new headsets and it has been an absolute problem.

That was five years ago and the problem still exist today. The dispatchers seem to rotate through zones. Don't know if the headset goes with them or they leave it not sure. Not sure if it's where they're wearing it but I have a feeling it's the actual different headsets themselves.

Cars have to turn their volume up very high to hear calls dispatched then get blown out of their socks when a unit responds, AGC doesn't seem to work like it should on an apx or even scanners, maybe way too much to compensate for.... occasionally a supervisor will mention it.

Maybe it's the nature of a P2 system. Maybe they are using different model headsets. Maybe some are wearing them under their chin or over their eyes. It's something I've definitely noticed :) .

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there will be another repeater installed at or near Cooper University Hospital? I know that's Camden County but a lot of EMS units and the medics transport there and respond to calls from there. As far as I can see the nearest transmitter in the license is a good 8 or 9 miles from there.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there will be another repeater installed at or near Cooper University Hospital? I know that's Camden County but a lot of EMS units and the medics transport there and respond to calls from there. As far as I can see the nearest transmitter in the license is a good 8 or 9 miles from there.
I should clarify...will there be any repeater for the new Burlington County 700mhz system nearer to Cooper? Just because a lot of unit transport there from Palmyra, Delran, Maple Shade, etc. For some reason I could not edit the original comment.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Unlikely, and there is currently no indication of any plans to do so. The only thing in the works are two 700 MHz conventional P25 repeaters in Mt Holly to address in-building coverage issues at the Sheriff's office.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I should clarify...will there be any repeater for the new Burlington County 700mhz system nearer to Cooper? Just because a lot of unit transport there from Palmyra, Delran, Maple Shade, etc. For some reason I could not edit the original comment.
If it was 30 minutes after you wrote your first post you wanted to edit you can't do it. Editing times out after 30 minutes.

phillydjdan

They shouldn't have any trouble hitting the system with a mobile or portable from outside the hospital. Inside is another story...

aslc

Premium Subscriber
The transmission radius diagram in RadioReference for BC north simulcast includes the northern part of Camden City. Cooper is just outside the circle but close enough that I expect it'll be fine. I'm with a Camden County company and we've operated miles outside of the diagram for Cam County in Chatsworth and Browns Mills without a problem.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The transmission radius diagram in RadioReference for BC north simulcast includes the northern part of Camden City. Cooper is just outside the circle but close enough that I expect it'll be fine.
Please be aware that the range/radius circles you see in the RRDB are absolutely not based on any technical data, nor are they official. They are simply the "best guesstimate" made by the RR database admin, and are intended only for location scanning purposes. They should not be taken as any representation of true system/site range.

Status
Not open for further replies.