Burlington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamr368

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like there is an issue with units not affiliating with the North Central zone, mainly Fire & EMS. Police seems to be working OK. They were using the WAR and UTAC channels, those are quiet now. Eariler it was reversed, Fire & EMS had no problem, but Police did.

Sounds about right - everything should be back to normal now.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
There was a problem at the master controller, it indicated an overheat condition which shut down some equipment. Once they cleared that, they had indications of problems at different sites. REMU checked the sites and found no problems. REMU rebooted the master controller and it cleared the system. There were coverage issues with the WAR repeaters, the county is going to relook the back up systems. This is going to include county access to the old analog repeaters the individual towns used to use, many are still in service such as Medford, Mt.Laurel, Maple Shade, & Cinnaminson.

Monoxide16

oh ok thank u was wondering what was going on and plus i haven't herd them stop a car all day did they switch over to something for that.And thank u for everyone's help

Monoxide16

anyone take noticed Palmyra, Cinnaminson, and Riverton haven't been calling in car stops last car stop i herd was Cinnaminson was around 5:30

Monoxide16

Is Palmyra and Riverton not getting any calls haven't herd them all day or did they switch over to something else for calls all im hearing is Dist 10, and 20

w2xq

Mentor
Well, my experiment with municipal public works frequencies in the area is over. Nothing heard, nothing counted by software "hits." I dumped the objects from the scanner. The county highway TGID's, in my opinion, are worth keeping in the scanner. The chatter really gives me an idea of what roads and intersections to stay away from any given day when I'm out running errands.

Monoxide16

oh i meant the police this time sorry about that lol i haven't herd a call for Palmyra or Riverton all day been like this 4 today's now just wondering whats going on

w2xq

Mentor
Monoxide, have you updated the Burlco TGIDs in your scanner? I found some new and/or relabeIed IDs within the current RR db file. (I don't hear the tower covering your area unless I'm in the car.)

Monoxide16

yes i have and true i did some updates yesterday i found some new countywide tags and Palmyra is actually talking now as we speak guess they haven't been busy

w2xq

Mentor
As some members know I put links and reference material on my Web site. It eliminates the syncing of bookmarks across any PC, tablet or smartphone I may use. I have difficulty remembering district and zone numbers, among other things. I put this county reference page together today. Perhaps other RR members in the county may find it helpful. Comments, corrections and additions are welcome.

Scanning NJ: Burlington

This Burlington County page is a quick-loading one-stop reference for me. It is not intended to duplicate or compete with RadioReference, PhillyScan or any other Web site. Rather than hop around multiple pages, on my smartphone I can just pop open a single lightweight HTML5/CSS3 page and look up what I can't remember. The link to [Home] takes one to the top of the Web site.

Have scanner, have phone, will travel...

w3hog

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for that info, nice job. So of I am near Sunset and Rancocas would that be considered North division?

w2xq

Mentor
Glad you like the page. Contributions/corrections welcome. If the intersection you mention is at the geo-coordinates of 40.050384,-74.850841 then it is Burlington Twp in, as you say, in the N division.

Business adds for the Burlington County RR db:

Medford Leas Continuing Care Retirement Community (Medford) - mostly maintenance
152.3750 - WPVS851 - IG - 423 DCS - Medford Leas - FM

Occupational Training Center of Burlington County (Mount Holly) - recycling pickups
461.3250 - WNIE470 - IG - 465 DCS - Occup Train Ctr - FM

Hope this helps.

w2xq

Mentor
Business add for the Burlington County RR db:

Hillmans Bus Service - Mt Laurel (tx site) - school bus transportation
857.8125 - WQBM304 - GB - (no mode/code) - Hillmans Bus Svc - FM (20K0F3E)

Hope this helps.

w2xq

Mentor
Squelch search mode didn't recognize any CTCSS, DCS, et al, when the repeater was transmitting. Too far away to hear the input signals, so I couldn't tell if the repeater was using something on its input of 812.8125 MHz.

w2xq

Mentor
I've added a section to the Scanning NJ: Burlington Web oage that lists suspect frequencies to be investigated. These are frequencies (not in the RR db) with squelch codes and modes heard but I cannot yet confirm because the traffic heard isn't conclusive. Can you help?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm the Occupational Training Center Frequency and the DCS is correct. This is the channel all the county recycling crews use. Thats about all I hear on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.