Caledonia update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellotor

Just a heads up to all those who may be interested and don't keep an eye on the scanont list.

The situation in Caledonia may be heating up again. Early Monday morning there was a scuffle between native protestors and townspeople and the potential for more has certainly increased as a result of Justice Marshall's decision to order the province to prosecute anyone who fails to leave the former DCE site.

More info from the CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2006/08/08/caledonia-decision.

1TAC01 never stopped popping up on the Hamilton site through all of the peace in Caledonia but your mileage may vary with your local site.

And, a bit of editorializing on my behalf: I hope for the sake of the safety of my coworkers and colleagues that both sides smarten up and the OPP finally apply the rule of law evenly to everyone. I know, I know...I'm living in a fantasy world...but I reserve the right to stay optimistic.

EDIT: Just watched some tape shot last night of a confrontation between the two sides. Things might get messy in Caledonia again in the near future.

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Fire and OPP responding to a large fire on Sterling st at the tracks, funny as FD dispatched it as a grass fire but told first unit at the hall to land line dispatch. :) Duh ok. OPP reporting it as a large out of control fire. Heard reports of Hydro One choppers flying around there earlier too, maybe keeping tabs on their equipment. No sign of CF-OPS this time around though?

Back to listening..........

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Anybody know the actual frequency for Six Nations Reserve Police? I can hear the reserve FD no problem, figure I'd give the 5.0 a shot.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Someone else can correct me but I do beleive that the Six Nations Police are on Fleetnet. I think their identifier is 6Quebec---.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't the actual Reserve have their own police force? I didn't think that OPP provided policing on any reserve, especially now given their history with the Indians over the past 10 years.

jellotor

Six Nations police are separate from the OPP as far as I know. There is an OPP liason officer who is native in that area...can't think of his name but I don't think I'd post it anyway.

There are still some OPP administered police services in Ontario. One that comes to mind that may still be administered by the OPP is Walpole Island. First Nations police is a pretty grey area, even an OPP administered police service will probably have its own differently marked vehicles and perhaps different radios and other gear.

mciupa

Database Admin
I wonder if Six Nations picked up any of Brantford PS old VHF freq's ?
Before they went ProVoice , the city had 142.215 ,142.935 and 140.130 for the Police.

Six Nations Fire and Roads are also in the VHF range.

Take my suggestion with a grain of salt . . . I'm known to have been wrong before :roll:
Speaking of which , forget 142.935 , it is currently used as a Voice Channel for the Brantford Fleetnet site.

Any other guesses ?

Last edited:

jellotor

My guess would be VHF. I don't think I've ever heard any Six Nations traffic on Fleetnet and a cursory search this morning indicates that the police service there is separate from the OPP. The old Brantford frequencies wouldn't be a bad place to start...I wonder if Jason can enlighten us a bit...

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Caledonia standoff

zone 1 fleetnet id 9376 Tactical 1 (London Comm Centre) OPP, things are starting up at the standoff site , people are starting to show up and the OPP are calling in special units.
Steve

KevMuskoka

There were two OPP Cube Vans and an unmarked Suburban heading down Hwy 400 yesterday evening with lights on (I've never seen an OPP Cube Van with lights activated, so I figured something must be up ... and Caledonia is the only thing I could think of).

Kevin P.

Status
Not open for further replies.