Calgary Fire Now has automated voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Still no alerts

Only hear the odd "test tones" on the 400 meg frequencies. Haven't heard the automated voice lately.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Automatic voice page

Heard yesterday, 2012 Feb. 28 about 1800 hrs. Sorry, didn't see Tag or any info as scanner in my back pack and driving [I do obey the Distracted Driver Law].

CFD automated voice dispatch

Hello everyone, been away for the last five months . I just read on this forum that the
Calgary Fire has a new automated voice dispatch system, I programmed
the 2704 two days ago (Feb 28th 2012) and I have not heard any radio traffic
, but I have heard the units responding to a call on C14, is there a
a different ID I should be trying, was in Los Angeles and Austin Texas
they are using automated voice for their fire services and EMS.
Thanks !!!!

MrVelvet

I have found out that the new Locution system will not be monitorable.

What we are hearing on 2704 is the backup channel for it which is why it's hit and miss.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately

Kind of figured that with all the shutting down CADs, imobiles, reboots, backups. Unfortunately, the bigger the city gets, the less one is able to monitor what is happening on roads and one gets caught in grid lock. With encryption and CAD it is getting to be a secretive world for the privileged.

russinnes

Locution is primarily controlled over IP - not VoIP or RoIP, but rather serial data sent to individual PC's (at each station). The PC at the station then triggers the alert sequence and plays audio out over the overheads. This is all generated from within the PC. As Jay has mentioned, Locution has numerous layers of redundant backups. When a message is sent to a receiving station, the locution controlled expects an "ACK" reply within a very short period of time. If it does not get that response, it will automatically failover to the next "layer". This would be the 800mhz SZ. Like above, only a brief burst of data (individual page) is send to a specific radio ID (one for each station). The radio recieves the individual alert and activates ancillary equipment within the station, much the same as the PC would. All of this happens almost instantaneously. Because the radio just acts as a "Trigger", voice must come from somewhere else, which is what you hear on the talkgroup. The 400 will continue to remain as a complete failover, as DTMF notification for all stations is still active. As you (likely) hear, PSC can still manually activate the alert boards in each station via the DTMF. For anyone interested, I would watch the OSW's on the CC - Look for 0x03C0 0x0308, followed by 0x0319 0x**** ... the **** (hex) when converted to decimal will give you the radio ID the call alert was sent to :) Of course, this will only be true IF a station gets alerted over the 800. With a log of some radio ID's following 0x0319 I would think one could come up with something creative to identify the calls... ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
A

Ambulance2014

Voice Alert

Has anybody herd anything tones or automated voice on the CFD Calgary Digital Radio Automated voice alerts channel? Or on the standard conventional UHF Frequencies for voice alerts? I have been told that People here it when there are fire station tours or general notices to the fire halls. ..... Any info on this?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I no longer make it a habit to monitor the UHF frequencies or the automated voice as this is such a monotone voice. And no I have not heard this automated voice. I did monitor the UHF frequencies as it was a great help at avoid vehicle crashes. Unfortunately, now that that is really no longer used, I have gotten caught in a couple of road jambs lately. Did hear the CFD calling stations this morning on the "backup" system. Not sure if this was just a test or something else happening. Had to work so did not listen long. Sounded like they started with station 1 and going up from there.

A

Ambulance2014

Jay 911 are you referencing for Cochrane voice alerts on frequency 424.16250 of Cochrane Dispatch (C16 Link?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm not sure how to answer that except to reiterate what I have said before. As you know, I can't comment on things Calgary PSC does, or functionality provided by them.

The 400 MHz voice alerts are the primary alerting mode for Cochrane Fire and Rockyview Fire's paid (career) stations in Elbow Valley, Springbank, and Balzac (and presumably Bearspaw when/if it becomes staffed).

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I do not make it a habit of monitoring the Automated Voice tag, but have heard it a number of times over the past week. The last time was 0008 hours, 2014 April 3 for Station 38.

Status
Not open for further replies.