Calls - Listening via Individual Nodes no longer available

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Curious as to how the Calls system 'picks' which node it accepts traffic on a particular TG from. My area now has more than one node that picks up traffic (at times), but it seems to be picking the other node, which misses traffic and has worse audio quality, even though my node is catching all the traffic.
Does it pick based on time delay? Any other factors we can know about to improve things on the provider end?

This has been discussed to some extent in this thread. Please go through and read the thread thoroughly.

• Make sure your computer has time that is accurate as possible (run Dimension 4 or some other app on it to ensure regular updating of time)
  • Uptime -- the longer your Calls feed is online, and assuming it is properly time-synced, it should be an active partipant in uploaded traffic that you would end up seeing in a playlist.
  • Decent internet connection. I imagine if somebody is on a dialup, or some connection with more latency, that may affect how much of their traffic is preferred over someone with a low-latency connection.

I don't think that Lindsay has particularly outlined EVERY detail about what determines whose Calls feed upload gets added and whose is rejected, but he has gone a long way in indicating some clues in this thread.

Mike

jblackst

Feed Provider
I've searched and don't seem to find the information. How (or can) does someone make a 'personal' playlist public, so that it shows up on the playlist page?
Code:
https://www.broadcastify.com/calls/playlists/

slhorne

I see we're able to go into archives for a single TG, any plans to make the feature available for playlists?

Hoping to replay an incident's comms for recording purposes, but they're across multiple TGs so I'd have to manually stitch the audio together if not.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We build playlist calls from in memory caches…. Which have expirations of 10 minutes I believe….

Given that playlists are all unique groupings, we would have to pull all the calls from a timeframe from the database, merge them together, and then display. It’s doable, but complex.

AB5ID

To go further, how exactly do you see yourself using this?

Have you used the playlist builder?

View attachment 170890
I've used the drop-down menus, and they work great! What I'd love is to access a large database page that provides a filtered list of call links across all countries, including all available tags for the entire system. It sounds like a fun, quick, and easy way to explore an unfamiliar system—just click a link, listen for a while, then move on to another.