Cambria County Fire, "Returning, Returning"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

I caught some audio on South Ops 1 and after Fire was released all units said "Returning, Returning" to Dispatch.

Is there some reason Returning needs to be repeated?

Mattsenft

Premium Subscriber
I know nothing about Cambria County, but I do know something about radios and the fire service. This is probably what they meant. "Returning (from call which we are currently on)Returning (to main dispatch channel). That would be my guess.

RedPenguin

I was thinking that....

I was thinking that, but I wanted to ask other Cambria County or surrounding counties folks just to make sure.

CHAWMAN24

I know hear in Blair County many times fire units will say when they clear a scene or are placed into service that they are " available returning to fire dispatch" which means they are going off the opps channel and switching radio to dispatch channel . Sounds like that is what you may be reffering to.

RedPenguin

Cambria County Richland Fire Ops?

Is "Richland Ops" just mean Richland's main fire channel, 453.025? I never heard the dispatcher(s) say "switch to Richland Ops", but I only know of one Richland channel.

EDIT: I forgot about their 464.975 which I believe used to be Belmont Fire, which is Richland Fire now anyway.

Does anyone know which one they mean?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.