CANNOT GET SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvanburen

Premium Subscriber
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL TIME TO GET THE UPDATED DOWNLOAD FOR MY SCANNER REGENCY PRO 652. I BELIEVE THE PROGRAM I HAD WAS WIN 500 DATED IN 2015

I WANT THE UPDATE FOR THIS DOWNLOAD TO HAVE FOR THE DIGITAL TRUNK FOR OSWEGO COUNTY NY. FIRE CONTROL & LAW.

WHY IS SO HARD NOW????

wtp

i think he is trying to update the scanner.
and if i got it Oswego is phase 2 and the 652 is a phase 1 only radio.
there are a couple of phase 1's on the system but most is phase 2.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
and if i got it Oswego is phase 2 and the 652 is a phase 1 only radio.
Database says Oswego is Phase-I FDMA (mode "D") although the TRS is Phase-II capable. A Pro-652 should be able to pick it up just fine so long as they don't upgrade to TDMA (mode "T"). Only caveat is the OP may face a degree of simulcast distortion if they're within listening range to two or more simulcasting towers

Reactions: wtp

k2hz

Database Admin
This is the latest of many recent issues I have had as RRDB Admin. We get Submissions consisting only of an agency, county or system name and no information. Submission is rejected for lack of information with a notice Submissions to be used only to submit new observed system info and to read Submission Guidelines but the entity name only submissions persist. I recent got one submitter to tell me he was told to use Submissions to get a custom download for his Whistler scanner.

It appears this misinformation is somehow prevalent out there somewhere due to the number of similar invalid submissions. So you may see more cases like this on this Forum.

I now have a standard reply with submission rejections: "If you are looking for downloads to program your scanner follow the instructions in your programming software."

Status
Not open for further replies.