Case for the 436?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJParamedic

Is there any cases available yet for the 436? When do you think there will be some? I want to take this baby out, but don't want a replay of what happened to my BC125AT. First day I took it out I scratched the screen and I am SUPER careful with my things.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
I'm desperately waiting for one also...

And where is this "previous thread" since you guys are so up tight about that? :p

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
Check out the cases made by Scosche that's fit car stereo faceplates. I've seen a few of them on Ebay. They could possibly work with the new hand held Unidens. Haven't gotten one yet to try but the dimensions appear to be close to the size of the scanner.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I bought my PRO106 case from scanner master. It was pretty nice. I suspect one for the 436 is in the works.

Greg

Essexscan

I received my 436HP last night and just started playing with it this morning. Overall size is very close to my Icom R20 I had. I wonder if the clear-leather case that Icom made for it would be a close fit. Too bad I gave it to the radio's new owner

pwscott

Premium Subscriber
I for one would like a case in which I can use and operate the 436 as opposed to just one in which to carry the radio. I think the cases I have for me 396XT and PSR-800 both came from Scanner master. They are Cordura nylon and have clear Eisen glass inserts over the keyboard/screen. They use snap closure and have openings for the USB or power or GPS cable attachments. Hopefully these will be offered for this radio too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Essexscan

Totally agree pwscott I like the case Scannermaster made for the HP-1 and think the Nylon one I bought is better protection than the Leather as it seems to be padded slightly. Scannermaster sourced a well made case

Essexscan

Another possibility for a carry/transportation case is the Maxpedition R-14 Razorshell Its's fully padded and can hold the 436HP with the Antenna on plus cables and maybe the GPS. Nice case to keep the 436 out of view and can keep an accidental drop from being a call for a new Scanner

Brian7M3

Premium Subscriber
I would like to see a case made for this scanner too. I was thinking of using the screen protectors made for smart phones to protect the lens. The problem with that is that the screen is already extremely difficult to see unless you have the backlight on or the lighting conditions are just right and the cover over the lens might make it even worse.

A case with a clear plastic piece over the lens would probably make it harder to see than the smart phone protectors, so I'll probably give the screen protectors a try.

N9TZO

Premium Subscriber
Screen protection. I took a CaseMate screen protector for an iPhone and cut it to fit the screen. Crystal clear and protected from scratches now.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have a good Zagg screen protector ready to go. My question is that did anyone make the inside of the protector wet before applying? Usually, if it is not wet, you cannot slide it around or squeeze out the bubbles. I am not sure how to approach this. It looks like water could get down between the screen and the case?

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.