DSDPlus CC Tracking but no VC

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson County has two trucked systems listed in RRDB. It has appeared they are using the frequencies from the TRBO to run the new TIII.

I am having trouble getting the Voice to track and play through my speakers.

The first thing I get when I start FMP24-CC and then tune to the CC of 151.175, then open CC.bat: it says “No data for current site in frequencies file.”

In my frequencies file I have the frequencies listed. Is it possible I’ve got the site listed wrong? Because DSD is recognizing the site from the site loader file as Jefferson County. It does Site S1-1

Here is what’s in my file for frequencies:
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 151.1225, 0
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 151.175, 0
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 153.875, 0
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 155.685, 0

On the Control Log I’m getting this photo attached. But VC is getting nothing.

I’m assuming it has to do with my frequency file and or my OTA Channel Numbers

Attachments

• IMG_7280.jpeg
    IMG_7280.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 33

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson County has two trucked systems listed in RRDB. It has appeared they are using the frequencies from the TRBO to run the new TIII.

If I am reading this properly, your pic is reflecting Jefferson County Public Safety (DMR Tier 3 Standard) site 1
one freq with color code 7

Your freqs file is reflecting Jefferson County (DMR Motorola Connect Plus) site 1, that you have entered as TIII Non Standard
4 freqs all color code 1

Here is what’s in my file for frequencies:
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 151.1225, 0
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 151.175, 0
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 153.875, 0
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 0, 0.0, 155.685, 0

The freqs file for Jefferson County should look like this with LSN entered, and reflect Connect Plus
Con+, 211, 1, 1, 151.1225, 0.0, 1
Con+, 211, 1, 3 151.175, 0.0, 0 1
Con+, 211, 1, 5, 153.875, 0.0, 0 1
Con+, 211, 1, 7, 155.685, 0.0, 0 1

151.1225 is used on both systems but with different color codes.

Try this
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 1, 151.1225, 0.0, 0 7

Not sure if this is working at the moment
Added DMR system disambiguation via DCC support in the DSDPlus.frequencies file.

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
That is correct in DSD+ it is being set-up like a Tier3 using the old frequencies from the Con+.

I used SDR first and it advised the control channel was reading as T3 Small Network. All other frequencies were not showing any constant traffic. I then took that frequency of 151.175 to DSD+ and it registered immediately as well as a Tier 3 Small. I then noted the network ID as S1 and TIII. I then went to site loader and entered that information and entered that information in sites. Immediately DSD+ CC started recognizing the site information as can be seen in the picture.

DSD also was able to advise that the CC was not correct as listed in RRDB.

Let me try that formatting you sent with a little twist to fit what information I've acquired thus far.

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
IMG_7281.jpegI’m also getting some voice, very poor quality, on the frequency typed as

TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 28, 155.685, 155.685, 0

It’s producing audio but very choppy and hard to understand. Is it possible it’s off a few frequencies or?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you entered the correct freqs and your getting choppy results, check the ppm and play with the gain. Using Windows Snip, can you post a screenshot of FMP24 if that's what your using?

Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots​

Windows 11 Windows 10

Windows 11Windows 10
Take a snapshot to copy words or images from all or part of your PC screen. Use Snipping Tool to make changes or notes, then save, and share.
Capture any of the following types of snips:
Free-form snipDraw a free-form shape around an object.
Rectangular snipDrag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
Window snipSelect a window, such as a dialog box, that you want to capture.
Full-screen snipCapture the entire screen.
When you capture a snip, it's automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window where you make changes, save, and share.

Open Snipping Tool​

There are three ways to open Snipping Tool:
  • Select the Start button, enter snipping tool, then select Snipping Tool from the results.
  • Press Windows logo key + Shift + S.
  • Press Print Screen (PrtSc).

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
1707250732190.png On most other things, I haven't had any issues with the PPM.

Gain is adjusted how in FMP24 or DSD+?

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
Also, any tips on how to delete the Radios and Groups List and start over so I don't keep getting the Ambiguous TIII Error?

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
And everytime the FMP24-VC locks in on the Channel 28 it pops up as 7 bandwidth. Is that okay? I’ve tried changing it but everytime it locks back in it defaults back to 7.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Try this
TIIInonStd, S1, 1, 1, 151.1225, 0.0, 0 7

My bad, the LSN should be 23,. which I see you have, but,

1707251711048.png

The TIII system (which DSDPlus indicates your on) listed just 151.1225.

153.875, 151.175 and 155.685 are all shown as belonging to the Connect Plus system.

Do you know if the TIII system has more freqs that what's listed in the database?

everytime the FMP24-VC locks in on the Channel 28 it pops up as 7 bandwidth.

Where did you get LSN 28 from?

Gain is adjusted how in FMP24 or DSD+?
Click the top of the fmp24 window, should see gain 49. Click the g/G on keyboard. Lowercase g lowers gain and captitol G raises gain. Yours looks maxed out and too high.

Can you post your freqs file?

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
How did you find the LSN as 23? I wrote 23 down randomly cause I saw one time where it switched to OTA 23 and was the wrong frequency so I was going to sort through each frequency til I found the right 23.
From what I'm finding, their TIII system is new and I was led to believe they recently switched to this system recently. I am led to believe there is more frequencies than the RRDB has listed.
LSN 28, so one time the CC showed traffic being directed to LSN 28 and the frequency showed correctly, except the audio was very choppy and I can only hear half of every other word. Now everytime the CC shows 28, it tunes to that frequency and it is correctly showing spikes, but awful audio.
I turned my gain down to 22 and seems to still be awful audio.
Posting the file below:

Attachments

• DSDPlusfreq.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 6

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How did you find the LSN as 23? I wrote 23 down randomly cause I saw one time where it switched to OTA 23 and was the wrong frequency so I was going to sort through each frequency til I found the right 23.

I got 23 from the site details page on the TIII system

1707253402288.png

From what I'm finding, their TIII system is new and I was led to believe they recently switched to this system recently. I am led to believe there is more frequencies than the RRDB has listed.

First step is to figure out which freqs are TIII and which are not.

At this point, I would write down all freqs that are listed between both systems, and temporarily remove the freqs file from your Dsdplus directory. Then one by one, enter each freq and see what Dsdplus identifies as and label them as either Con+ or TIII.

I would also look over their fcc license to see if, there are freqs not listed in the radio reference database, and also search their FRN number and see if they hold any additional licenses that reflect DMR.

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
That Channel 23 is correct, as it is receiving traffic in DSD. I turned the gain down to 0 since my signal is so good. The audio is understandable now with some chopping. I would think from there it maybe the computer or something not DSD related right?
I even tried adjusting the frequency up and down a 0.005 and it didn't help. I'm guessing the PPM can be sset to 0 then.
How would you tell if it is TIII, by entering it into FMP24 CC and see what it detects or? Or into plain FMP24 or DSD+?
There are many frequencies not listed as they just got approved for more frequencies in 12/2023.
I also have some Radios that are showing up as TIIIStd and some as TIIInonStd on the same frequencies? Is that a problem?
The VC is also Auto flipping between Std and nonStd. Does that distort audio?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I even tried adjusting the frequency up and down a 0.005 and it didn't help. I'm guessing the PPM can be sset to 0 then.

You can click fmp again, like you did to set the gain and hit a on the keyboard. That is auto tune,

How would you tell if it is TIII, by entering it into FMP24 CC and see what it detects or? Or into plain FMP24 or DSD+?

Yes, but remove the freqs file out of the dsd folder to avoid confusion. If an active freq, it will detect the protocol and display in the event window.

I also have some Radios that are showing up as TIIIStd and some as TIIInonStd on the same frequencies? Is that a problem?
I would not worry until all the site freqs are figured out and it tracks properly.

The VC is also Auto flipping between Std and nonStd. Does that distort audio?
Are you using 1 or 2 dongles? Either way, it may not be getting clean decodes.

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
You can click fmp again, like you did to set the gain and hit a on the keyboard. That is auto tune,
Auto tune is on and showing around 200Hz. Is that good?
Yes, but remove the freqs file out of the dsd folder to avoid confusion. If an active freq, it will detect the protocol and display in the event window.
Will do
I would not worry until all the site freqs are figured out and it tracks properly.
Okay, so even though its an "error" it will not be causing an issue. Cause once it's tracking correctly then we can find the Radio and their Alias
Are you using 1 or 2 dongles? Either way, it may not be getting clean decodes.
I have two dongles with now two antennas. When I turned the gain to 0 on VC and CC it became clearer. I think my signal was just so strong where I'm sitting that any amount of gain was too much.

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
One other error I'm getting. On some transmissions, I'm getting the Auto switch between nonStd and Std. But the recent transmission was Site ?1-1

Is it possible my S is wrong and maybe the system is a different S/M/L/H ?

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
I can also say, that the Control I'm monitoring is 151.175, it is only using Channel 28 155.685. Is this normal for Tier3 to not trunk to multiple frequencies? Or is it because it's a slow day and they don't have to trunk a lot?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Grilling steaks so I am behind

I think the TIII was submitted as standard according to the database but I am not sure how accurate that is. You may want to browse the Georgia forum and see if there is any info or threads on the system. Someone found it and submitted it so there may be some info in a GA thread.

tehanners

Premium Subscriber
I'm just sitting at work, steaks would be much more fun.
I'll take a look. Thank you!