Cellphone law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Not all training. Multitasking is a form of intelligence, a skill that is partly the way you are built. There are 22 forms of "intelligence" last I heard. Among them things like kinesthetic sense, the way a gymnast always knows how to land on their feet, while you and I could train all year and still not have the knack for it. Like an NBA star shooting baskets all day from the halfway line, and never muffing it.

Some people just do it better than others and that's probably partly a matter of genetics, specific brain development. Not all pilots become combat aces.

And no matter how well we think we're doing it, all the studies have shown that multitasking still takes a performance hit. As Craig Ferguson once said "I don't understand this drinking and driving thing (you Americans have). You can drink, and you can drive, but how can you possibly do both at once and still do them well?!"

It's like speed...traveling 10MPH over the speed limit is not inherently more hazardous than the speed limit, but to apply that to everyone able to "win" a license at the DMV, and Darwin becomes CVC administrator...

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.