Charlotte Fire

yardbird

I am sitting here listening to Charlotte Fire.

What TG do they assign medical calls when they a medic cold responses. I have notice they don't assign a TG.

Just like they dispatched a fire alarm, but never assigned a TG like they normally do.

David

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
What TG do they assign medical calls when they a medic cold responses. I have notice they don't assign a TG.
many areas do not assign TGs for minor calls, especially if it is only an EMS unit responding, only when comms between responding EMS and Fire units is likely will they tie up a TG for a call.

Keep in mind, looking at Pulse Point, there were 57 recent EMS calls, well more than the number of TGs for EMS/Fire that are available. If an EMS unit needs a TG for non-emergent calls they can always ask EMS dispatch to assign one, but no need if nothing is being said between two units.

trumpetman

Database Admin
CFD does not have a dedicated channel for medical calls like the MEDIC/county fire does, they use whatever is available, and a working channel is always assigned with very rare exception. If the channel isn't selected before the dispatch is submitted, Samantha won't read it out over the air.

RF-Burns

CFD does not have a dedicated channel for medical calls like the MEDIC/county fire does, they use whatever is available, and a working channel is always assigned with very rare exception. If the channel isn't selected before the dispatch is submitted, Samantha won't read it out over the air.

Trumpetman is correct.

All medical calls are sent from Medic to Charlotte Fire CAD to CAD. The CAD will automatically pick the closet company and will automatically dispatch it over the air. If the dispatcher doesn't pick a working channel prior to the CAD dispatching the call, the channel will not be sent over the air. However, the company will see operating channel on the in-truck computer.

The only thing the dispatcher has to do with a medical call is pick the working channel, absolutely everything else in automated.