Chester county PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry092975

icon4.gif
chester county PA, EF JOHNSON RADIOS
Chester county 800mhz trunking system: this is what i think of the chester county 800mhz sys, listening to the police and fire calls are great on the county radio's or on radio reference.com because it's a county radio being used to provide it, BUT if you are using a regular 800mhz scanner it's way different because you have to program each FREQ 1 by 1 and there's alot of clicking sounds. and i cant find a scanner that will take EF JOHNSON BANDS. PS if you know the type of scanner i need for CHESTER COUNTY PA please let me know thanks jerry k

chankel

Premium Subscriber
It's not a question of the bands. Even an older 800 MHz scanner that doesn't do trunking will work fine (at least until they start using the hybrid analog/digital system). The problem with Chester County is that they use an LTR MultiNet system. There's no scanner on the market AFAIK that will follow this system. You can either program all frequencies, lock out the control channel, and listen in conventional mode, or you can buy an EFJ LTR MultiNet radio and programming software and set it up to follow the system. With the VHF police patches deprecated that's the only way to get a countywide view of LE activities, but many of the municipalities have their own VHF or UHF systems that they use at least PT for dispatching. Picking up the fire dispatches is easy using the VHF multicast system but with CSQ it's easily susceptible to interference in my experience. ChesCo either can't afford to upgrade, or for some reason wants to keep, this legacy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.