City of Baltimore, PGCFD

bsocomm1

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully someone here can help me out. I’m using the SDS100 and I have very few issues while using it around where I live (Broward & Palm Beach Counties),, however when I travel to certain places it doesn’t work so well. I tried it in Baltimore City, Prince George County MD, Bucks County PA and even City of Miami and it doesn’t really hold on anything or very rarely. It will stop on a TG but then just start scanning again while someone is still transmitting, or sometimes it just keeps scanning not stopping on a TG even though there’s traffic on that TG (confirmed). I did notice most of these systems are Simulcast and when I was in Bucks County if I held or touched the scanner it seemed to work better if that makes any sense. Looking for any suggestions as I'm about to go to Baltimore again in a few months. if I remember correctly I tried the stock antenna and a telescoping antenna and neither made a difference.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The SDS100 doesn't have a telescoping antenna that come with it. I don't have any issue receiving Baltimore City or PG County with my SDS100. I do use the Remtronics antenna specifically made for the SDS100 - REM-820S. I think it's worth the upgrade. It's possible you have an issue with your programming. I use Favorites lists and GPS Location control so the radio doesn't waste time scanning things that are out of range or not of interest to me. There may also be a hold time setting you can try.